JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a large container of Whey Protein Powder that has a March 2022 expiration date but has been open for over a year. How long will whey protein powder typically last once the seal is broken?

Edit: I just mixed up a spoon full in some water and it still taste as nasty as when I first opened it so it should be good to go.

Last Edited:
Gosh I've had some of that sitting in the cupboard for probably 3 years, use it occasionally when I want to add some more calories milk if I am on the run. Have't noticed it to be an issue yet.

Edit: I just mixed up a spoon full in some water and it still taste as nasty
I find they all taste nasty when mixed with water...milk drinker here. With three of us in the house that use protein powder it doesn't expire, even when purchasing a few Costco size bags when they go on sale. We keep some milk powder around in case we would like better flavor when the zombies show up though. :D

It definitely gets worse when it sits. A brand new jug is delicious, a month old stale jug is drinkable but not desirable. You just need the right brand and flavor along with mixing base at your preferred temperature. I find straight water base tastes much better warm and mixes better.

I have a Costco-sized bag of whey powder that expired about 3 years ago. I've been using it for the last few months, mixed with milk ( about 4 scoops/week) and it tastes no different than the new stuff. No ill effects at all.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top