JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Where do you stand on Christmas Trees?

• Real

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Artificial

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • None

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other Christmas items (wreath etc)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other non-Christmas (Aluminum Pole etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I'm gonna do it, I get the real deal and preferably cut by myself with a permit. Haven't had any Christmas stuff for a decade, no reason to. Bah humbug

I'd never stand on a Christmas tree ... seems kinda mean, and would likely spook the grandkids.
:s0092: But, if I was forced to make a choice...
.... probably a real one, y'know, before it was cut down, 'cuz it would probably be more likely to be able to support me. :s0155:

Last Edited:
I haven't bought a REAL one since I lived in Hawaii. Yeah.....very expensive to get them in/to Hawaii.

Anyway.....my son was still a kid when I moved to WA (2005). So, I went directly to the artificial. Cough, cough. Yup....saving the ENVIRONMENT. Not really. But I could pretend. Just like with my later purchase of ....buying a Prius.

How_Dare_You.gif

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
A couple decades back the "fake" trees started to get so damn good I gave up on live. Shortly after I met the Wife her parents bought a "higher end" fake that until I touched it would swear it was live. Couple years later we finally bought a nicer one as price started to drop on these. Other than the smell of a live tree they can not be known. Not to mention you do not have to deal with the damn mess of the live tree and getting rid of it after you are done.

Our family makes a day out of it. We all get together for breakfast, then go get the trees out at some rural farm (normally about eight or ten trees total), then do lunch at Grandma and Grandpas. Sometimes we get snow, sometimes rain, we had sun this year. It's been a long time tradition and one I don't want to break.

Where do you stand on Christmas Trees?
Usually on the compost pile, after X-mas. :s0140:

Seriously, I know some folks who make big money buying them up here and selling them in Commiefornia.

I prefer natural trees, and since I have 40 acres that need thinning, I can usually find one.

Every year, we have our very nice 9' fake tree and I also get a real, u-cut tree from a local farm. I make the insufferable son help me get the tree.
The fake tree gets the LED lighting and stands in the window for the neighbors to ogle.

The real tree is in our man cave and gets all of my old-school lights and decorations. Some of the lights are 70+ years old.

This year was tough for real Christmas trees, prices are sky high and at least one of our local tree farms has COVID precautions so strict not even worth going, had to find a different tree farm this year. Slim pickin's!

I have no opinion on Christmas trees as long as I don't have to cut it, haul it, lug it in, set it up, assemble it, decorate the damn thing, or haul it's dead rotting carcass outta the house come January 2nd. If Christmas trees are your thing, go crazy. Just leave me in peace. :rolleyes:

U-cut when the kids were small. Artificial by the time they entered grade school. I don't care what decorations the wife puts up as it's her thing, not mine. All the seasonal decorations are lightweight and get stored in the attic above the garage. I do wonder about some neighbors that fill their entire front yard with decorations for Halloween and Christmas, and assume they rent a storage unit to hold all that stuff.

When I was kid my grandparents always had a real tree (they raised me). Im sure stands have gotten better but ill never forget the frustration of dealing with that stupid little red water dish stand with the 3 bolts you needed to get absolutely perfect to get the tree to stand straight. All ornaments were also hand made, by us kids or things my grandparents had made. It was always really nice once set up and done. They are long passed now and im damn near 40. Just never felt like dealing with all that hassle myself. I honestly don't even care about a tree or any of that. My wife on the other hand does care. We negotiated. I told her she can set up a tree every year if she wants but as someone mentioned before I dont want to deal with going and getting it, setting it up and then dragging the dead thing out. My wife grabbed a really nice fake tree and it actually looks really really good. We've had it for several years now. No complaints from us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top