JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No joke, I've been keeping tabs online via multiple different sources.

Stuff has been sold out for months!?!

Ill see stuff like a Springfield Hellcat in stock everywhere, but any of their other stuff is basically perpetually out of stock. Glock models are starting to show back up, but with an extra $100 added to their price tag.

Did the massive amount of sales, and ongoing sales, wipe out everything and delete any sort of reserves?

I bought only one this entire year, was everyone else just going apepoop and buying one a week?

I'm just amazed that month after month now, most major vendors have maybe 10 models in stock of one given tire of firearm at a time and it doesn't seem to be getting better. Even things I didn't think that would vanish, like single shot rifles, are completely wiped out!

Crazy!

:s0137:

Did the massive amount of sales, and ongoing sales, wipe out everything and delete any sort of reserves?
Yes it did. People are seeing the country self destruct and of course they are buying guns. There are hundreds of millions of Americans who don't own a gun yet. Lots of catching up to do. It will pass, hopefully with a positive, peaceful outcome. Meantime be nice to everyone you know. They need it.

They are in one of my gun Safes. I have no idea why I need multiples of the same gun. It's a sickness. Lol

This definitely isn't the time to buy guns. Im only buying parts, mags, receivers etc.. but that's about all lately. Saving a lot with depleted inventory!

I've been keeping tabs online via multiple different sources.
I assume you are only referring to online sources since I am seeing guns in Sportsman's, Bi-Mart etc.

I was in Bend Sportsman's a while back and the handgun wall rack was pretty well stocked.

Maybe the online sources are not reporting stocks 'honestly' so as to perpetuate the illusion the 'panic' is still on when quite frankly I didn't see a line at either Sportsman's or Bi-Mart.

I assume you are only referring to online sources since I am seeing guns in Sportsman's, Bi-Mart etc.

I was in Bend Sportsman's a while back and the handgun wall rack was pretty well stocked.

Maybe the online sources are not reporting stocks 'honestly' so as to perpetuate the illusion the 'panic' is still on when quite frankly I didn't see a line at either Sportsman's or Bi-Mart.
The bimart I frequent has the same things in stock that I see online. Most shotguns are gone, most decent pistols gone. Bolt guns a plenty.

My local Sportsmans has things here and there. Sometimes I'll be there and they have a decent display, other times it's pretty scarce.

Just blows me away. This gunpacolypse has been nothing like this in the past.

What are you looking for?
A couple of things that I put off over the year.

My interest is back for a few and I didn't think they would be the type of gun that would be sold out for 4-6 months.

I keep checking everywhere online for a CVA 300 black that I was just about to pull the trigger on earlier this year. It's been out of stock since March I want to say. That to me is pretty nuts, either they aren't making them or they only made a certain number and that was it. I don't know, I figured over that period of time, they would start showing back in stock again.

That and about 3-4 others I've checked repeatedly on, for months. At times I'll be on some of the bigger sites and do an in stock only search for all pistols and 10-15 models total come up!!!

Yeah it's a little rough out there. I've been on the prowl for parts and such and finding them in stock anywhere has been frustrating. Even random stuff like stocks and grips are scarce. Crazy.

I think it delends on what your looking for. The two firearms I was looking to gift myself were actually easy to find. I feel the quality higher end guns are still around its just the high bang for your buck and budget guns are more in everyone's wheelhouse not just enthusiasts so availability is down.

Yeah it's a little rough out there. I've been on the prowl for parts and such and finding them in stock anywhere has been frustrating. Even random stuff like stocks and grips are scarce. Crazy.
I've noticed that too. Simple things are gone. Friend owns a Dead Air suppressor he just got out of jail, hasn't been able to get an adapter for it in months. Has his can, can't even use it!

Magpul stocks are gone almost everywhere I look. Been trying to find a fixed MOE stock. Though I sort of gave up looking for that one for now.

I've noticed that too. Simple things are gone. Friend owns a Dead Air suppressor he just got out of jail, hasn't been able to get an adapter for it in months. Has his can, can't even use it!

Magpul stocks are gone almost everywhere I look. Been trying to find a fixed MOE stock. Though I sort of gave up looking for that one for now.

Yup! I've been looking for some basic Magpul furniture and so far if I'm lucky I find random bits here and there. Usually the wrong style and color too lol.

I've been after a 9mm 1911 for most of the year. No joy, at least not in my price range. So I just bought everything else I wanted. Need a couple more rifles, then I'm done for a while. Just parts, mags and ammo.

I've noticed the same thing, though I haven't been super active with buying this year. That is even including some of the off-beat items I look for. I've had difficulty finding some parts and optics too. I haven't looked a lot, but the suppliers I have access to via the 01 FFL also seem to be totally out many things, some surprisingly so.

Beyond the usual feeding frenzy of an election cycle, there is the pandemic, and economic and supply disruptions. And, frankly, it seems like a lot of people have lost their minds this year.

When will it change, who knows. :s0092:

I've been after a 9mm 1911 for most of the year. No joy, at least not in my price range. So I just bought everything else I wanted. Need a couple more rifles, then I'm done for a while. Just parts, mags and ammo.
Rock Island Armory makes a 1911 with a nice trigger. Not the prettiest one you'll ever see but the price was very good a few years ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top