JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rock Island Armory makes a 1911 with a nice trigger. Not the prettiest one you'll ever see but the price was very good a few years ago.

If I was advising someone about buying a good quality 1911 I'd also recommend the Rock Island but the 9mm/22TCM version. To each their own.

If I was advising someone about buying a good quality 1911 I'd also recommend the Rock Island but the 9mm/22TCM version. To each their own.
Yeah, I forgot to include the 9mm part in my message. That's what OT was looking for. It's also a great gun for starting new shooters with - very soft shooting and has a common manual of arms.

Quite frankly, at this point, I'm way more interested in accessibly stashing/hiding what I already own....
.... than I am in acquiring more.

(well.... except maybe ammo if it's priced right... I've had good luck at estate sales.)

Last Edited:
You'd be in luck if you were looking for one in 45-70 Government at Vance Outdoors.

I have one of these in the pipeline right now. Plan is to shoot it a bit and decide whether I want to convert it to a smokeless powder muzzleloader.

Bolt guns a plenty.
Not such a bad thing.;)
I'm much more of a reloading supply type of local purchaser. I'm rarely in the market for more firearms, but when I've been in the stores there hasn't been much to look at.
I did buy 2 guns recently, but they weren't even made in this century!

Not such a bad thing.;)
I'm much more of a reloading supply type of local purchaser. I'm rarely in the market for more firearms, but when I've been in the stores there hasn't been much to look at.
I did buy 2 guns recently, but they weren't even made in this century!
I should have said, bolt guns in magnum calibers and various hunting calibers I have no interest in.

If a CZ were available on the shelf in 300 black, I'd be really interested.

Not truly interested in the Ruger Americans though they seem available. Minus the ones in 300blk or 556.

I have the Hunter model as my 45-70 test fixture. Fun gun to shoot. Everybody likes it.
I'ma glutton for single shots. I had a AAC H&R collaboration a while back before getting into NFA stuff. Boy it would be fun to mess with right now!

I should have said, bolt guns in magnum calibers and various hunting calibers I have no interest in.

If a CZ were available on the shelf in 300 black, I'd be really interested.

Not truly interested in the Ruger Americans though they seem available. Minus the ones in 300blk or 556.
Honestly, the bolt guns I've seen aren't what I want, either. But a smart buy might be an American in 308.

Honestly, the bolt guns I've seen aren't what I want, either. But a smart buy might be an American in 308.
Had two or three 308s over the years. Including an American. I don't partake in anything big game anymore so the bigger calibers really don't interest me that much anymore. If I were to go deer hunting again, I'm going to make the point of using my grandfathers 30-30. I plan to take a deer with it, hopefully before I die!

I'ma glutton for single shots. I had a AAC H&R collaboration a while back before getting into NFA stuff. Boy it would be fun to mess with right now!
At one time I was all about Ruger #1's and over the years Thompson Contenders have caught my eye only to wander away when I got bored with them.

At one time I was all about Ruger #1's and over the years Thompson Contenders have caught my eye only to wander away when I got bored with them.
What I really need to do is get aTC contender and SBR it so I can do dumb fun things with all sorts of silly calibers. I'd have a closet full of barrels in a years time!

If I were to go deer hunting again, I'm going to make the point of using my grandfathers 30-30. I plan to take a deer with it, hopefully before I die!
I did just that this year! It's the rifle in my avatar. It's the first gun I hunted with, and as of now, the last one I've hunted with successfully. Go fill that tag, @Reno !

20201024_171614.jpg
This is the only game animal taken with this rifle in my lifetime. I'm sure it's first 45-50 years were more interesting.

I can tell everyone this: As a dealer, I have recently seen firearm prices (wholesale) rise. :(
Why sell something for $40 when it will sell easily at $50?
That is Capitalism. The next handful of years might be hard on some of our favorite companies. An increase might be what they need to stay afloat?

I'd really bubblegum about it, but I don't think the prices have gone up as much as on some other things.

I was in Bend Sportsman's a while back and the handgun wall rack was pretty well stocked.
I was in Salem Sportsman's last week end. They had a full back wall & 'a few' in the glass counter tops. Some powders, didn't keep track. There was a smattering of rifle ammo, & even "2 box limit" on the 22LR stash. At mid-day, that meant TWO more customers (AFTER my share was secured:D) would be able to hit the bonanza. No primers, no pistol ammo. Some new brass (rifle). I haven't been in this store since last spring, when they had nearly nothing of anything.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top