JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can tell everyone this: As a dealer, I have recently seen firearm prices (wholesale) rise. :(
I figured as much. Supply and demand rule number one. Supply goes up, costs tend to as well. Prices go up.

Why sell something for $40 when it will sell easily at $50?
That is Capitalism. The next handful of years might be hard on some of our favorite companies. An increase might be what they need to stay afloat?

I'd really bubblegum about it, but I don't think the prices have gone up as much as on some other things.
I suppose it"s based on what's hot or not. I bought a CZ Scorpion 34 days ago at $68 dollars less than The one that's in the mail that was purchased Christmas Eve. Thats quite a jump! My salesman unfortunately told me to expect price increases all around the board.

So True!
It just Sucks Because it makes a ham and egger like me hard to sell at a fair/low price with big price jumps.
Understandable, beside gun enthusiasts, I think anyone looking to buy right now should understand that prices are changing. Not just for guns too, everyday things in high demand are going up in cost. Overtime, buying materials, extra materials, to keep up costs $$$. Even dealers like yourself have likely pulled extra hours these days.

With all that said, it still amazes me that the demand is so strong!

Also have to add, that while I do like the trigger on the Rock Island, overall, my ATI Firepower Xtreme 1911 has better fit and finish. Was cheaper too.
ATI should not be overlooked, fit and finish are more than should be expected at the price point they sell for... My example was an ATI 1911 GI commander length... Well executed for a sub $400 1911...

That thing will probably detach retinas.
This is the second mention I've heard recently about detached retinas or recoil / muzzle blast induced injuries. Did a study get released? Or are people observing these injuries in their locale? I know that Steve banned muzzle brakes on his range due to hearing and concussion issues and some doctors' observations.

This is the second mention I've heard recently about detached retinas or recoil / muzzle blast induced injuries. Did a study get released? Or are people observing these injuries in their locale? I know that Steve banned muzzle brakes on his range due to hearing and concussion issues and some doctors' observations.

Its actually something that has been happening since guns started to kick hard with scopes on them!

That sounds like Trapdoor loads. My wife shot my Trapdoor a bunch. A lot like a 2 3/4" target load out of a 12 gauge.
Exactly right, I was getting asked to make Trapdoor level loads to shoot in the original rifles so if I'm making it I'm shooting it. Modern lever gun shooters like this load as well, saving their stump puller ammo for when something is mad at them..

Supply and demand rule number one. Supply goes up, costs tend to as well. Prices go up.
Don't mean to quibble, yet this phrase seemed skewed. Per traditional 'supply & demand', supply (availability) goes up, market prices go down as demand intensity moderates. Or have I focused on the wrong part of your comment? Granted costs of production/distribution increase, yet these are not the same as increase in market price, say of primers or various components now observed. I've seen private party SPP primers advertised for over 22 cents each. Perhaps the specifics of 'cost' and 'prices' are not the same creature?o_O

Mine is very pleasant to shoot.
Ditto this having shot Oremikes CVA.

No need to load a .45-70 - or anything - up to fire breathing, T-Rex killing velocity - unless necessary for something - and then typically less is adequate.

I never understand people who post (not only here) about how they load to maximum because they 'like the giant fireball/massive recoil/loud report', and then report about having gun problems.

Probably why I see many FS ads for .500 S & Ws with something like 'less than ten rounds fired'. Pretty revealing.

Don't mean to quibble, yet this phrase seemed skewed. Per traditional 'supply & demand', supply (availability) goes up, market prices go down as demand intensity moderates. Or have I focused on the wrong part of your comment? Granted costs of production/distribution increase, yet these are not the same as increase in market price, say of primers or various components now observed. I've seen private party SPP primers advertised for over 22 cents each. Perhaps the specifics of 'cost' and 'prices' are not the same creature?o_O
You got me. I meant demand goes up. Not supply. My words have jumped around!

I have a Sig P365MS, Glock 21SF, and a couple 7.5", 223/556 complete uppers I am going to sell.
I was in Bi-Mart, and their selection was slim pickings.

No need to load a .45-70 - or anything - up to fire breathing, T-Rex killing velocity - unless necessary for something - and then typically less is adequate.

I never understand people who post (not only here) about how they load to maximum because they 'like the giant fireball/massive recoil/loud report', and then report about having gun problems.

Probably why I see many FS ads for .500 S & Ws with something like 'less than ten rounds fired'. Pretty revealing.
I've loaded the 45-70 hot and had fun. Never shot at a game animal with it, but I hunted with it.

The 500 S&W was a HOOT! I didn't buy it for anything serious. I bought it to have a huge plinker! I bought a handful of ammo to start with and then started reloading for it. I used 6-8"x16" round chunks of firewood instead of tin cans. I only kept it a couple of years, but put several hundred rounds through it. Granted, none of my friends ever shot it more than once, and only one of them shot a full cylinder.

It is a bit counter intuitive but there are many credible accounts of performance of heavy cast loads actually performing better at moderate speeds (less than 1750fps). This suits me fine and my serious loads are 420gr wfngc cast at 1550fps. Above that they just got too damn unpleasant to shoot out of my guide gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top