JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
5 day wait in WA without a permit,so no matter how long they have to respond.And I believe that 3 day thing is for permit holders.
So if I,a person with a CPL,buy a gun and get delayed,then in 3 days they should give me the gun.

Or do they do the nics after the 5 day wait? Been a few years.
Since the early 80s that I bought a gun without having a carry permit.

5 day wait by state law unless the local LEO gives a delay. Then the wait can be up to 30 days. No dealer I know will do the NICS unless they are actually delivering the pistol. The two I bought without a CPL I had to wait the 5 days then when I went to pick them up the dealer did the NICS check. So if an FFL gets a NICS delay and no work or a proceed from local LEO and is willing to do the transfer then the wait time would be no less than 8 business days.

The comment was made that someone with a CHL/CCW or whatever can conceal a rifle or whatever..... I am not sure if that is legal because my license is for a conceal HANDGUN not a conceal firearm.... so if anyone knows the laws please share. I know by law I can conceal my Draco AK pistol.... :) and a lot of people think that is a rifle... but it's not.

How about we try this a different way. How about you cite the ORS that one might violate or be charged under? Asking for the law that allows you to carry a concealed short barreled rifle is like asking for a law that allows you to eat birthday cake on Saturday (Happy Birthday to ME!).

I have never been delayed? That is one of the big reasons for a CPL, walk out the door minutes after you purchase the pistol. (I normally OC, but got my CPL just for the pistol purchase instant check) Before 1968 there wasn't even any paperwork.

How about we try this a different way. How about you cite the ORS that one might violate or be charged under? Asking for the law that allows you to carry a concealed short barreled rifle is like asking for a law that allows you to eat birthday cake on Saturday (Happy Birthday to ME!).

You stole my bait!

5 day wait by state law unless the local LEO gives a delay. Then the wait can be up to 30 days. No dealer I know will do the NICS unless they are actually delivering the pistol. The two I bought without a CPL I had to wait the 5 days then when I went to pick them up the dealer did the NICS check. So if an FFL gets a NICS delay and no work or a proceed from local LEO and is willing to do the transfer then the wait time would be no less than 8 business days.

Wrong. There is no manditory 5 day wait in WA without a CPL. It is a hold until notified, 5 day MAXIMUM. RCW 9.41.090(1)(b)

The sad thing about, Illinois, among many other things is that the BGC takes all of 2 minutes but thanks to legislation I can't leave with anything that same day. Mandatory "cooldown" periods of 24 hours for Long Guns and 72 hours for handguns.

I look forward to cash and carry, and well as being able to carry.

I go back in three days and either get my new pistol or my money back. I've had to go to small claims court to get all the money back as the dealer tried to keep the ten dollar fee for the background check. I won.

I go back in three days and either get my new pistol or my money back. I've had to go to small claims court to get all the money back as the dealer tried to keep the ten dollar fee for the background check. I won.

Does your dealer make you pay even though your delayed?

Oregon I have never been delayed by Washington I am delayed 9 out of 10 times but I never pay if delayed.

I figure I don't have the gun they don't get my money.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Does your dealer make you pay even though your delayed?

Oregon I have never been delayed by Washington I am delayed 9 out of 10 times but I never pay if delayed.

I figure I don't have the gun they don't get my money.

Basically my philosophy on this as well.

I've never been delayed but I've never paid before a background check was complete.

I've paid for OR background checks but that's it. When I pay for an item, it's mine at that point and I'll take it with me.

I don't have CCW. The only time I've had any memorable wait time was because the phone line to OSP was busy. Once the call went thru, approval happened right away. Bought a stripped lower yesterday and computer approval took about 3-4 minutes.

i'v picked up 1 handgun & 2 long-guns in the last wk. here in OR, and it was run through on the internet.....the only thing they go by is your "ODL" (name, address, and odl #) took less then 5 min., and no ! i don't have my ccl yet, but then again, i'm (always going fishing)....

just info i have at the moment.........steven
PS....the nics check info is only held for 90 days, or less !!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top