JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unless the state sees something on your background check they want to look at further, then you can still leave with your handgun purchase the same day. That is, unless that law has changed since I did exactly that a week and a half ago.....

Unless the state sees something on your background check they want to look at further, then you can still leave with your handgun purchase the same day. That is, unless that law has changed since I did exactly that a week and a half ago.....

Yep did that couple months ago with out a ccw permit, had to wait for a half hour or soo while they were on the phone

Settle down.

I am saying even with the CCW permit, they still delay you for background check.

Few years ago it was pretty much good to go.

If your trying to say a few years ago if you had a CCL you could just walk into a gun store and buy a gun no BGC you are not making any sense..

if you are saying it takes longer to get a background check blame Obama for the rush on guns and background checks..

your not special all the cool kids have CCLs

Just buy all yer guns from the classifieds here. No BGC. :s0155:

Every time ive ever purchased a new gun at a gun store the most time they have spent on the phone is 10 minutes usually less. If I know ill be rushed for time Ill just wait until I know I have time to enjoy it and look around at a more relaxed pace.

Long ago--before "instant" background checks, in Oregon---we are talking
about the late 1980's into the 90's (not sure when the law changed):

Way back then, there was a waiting period for handgun purchases. Five
days IIRC. If you had a valid Oregon Concealed Handgun permit, they
would waive the 5 day wait, and the sale was cash-n-carry. When they
started the instant backgound check system, that changed and the permit
no longer made a difference.

With an Arizona CCW in ARIZONA - You do not have to have the phone call background check. You still need to fill the paperwork ut

What I was told by OSP person
In Oregon I was told that if having a CCW does not affect the process - because they do not know if you have committed a crime or other item that affects you eligibility fro CCW. Every firearm needs verification

There is no difference on wait time with or with out CCW

It is true - common names affect delays. While I hate putting my SS# down - I have a common name - and I know a person in another state has the same name and DOB - wanted on several DUI and other issues. The only thing that seperated me from him is SS#.

If your trying to say a few years ago if you had a CCL you could just walk into a gun store and buy a gun no BGC you are not making any sense..

if you are saying it takes longer to get a background check blame The Republicans for the rush on guns and background checks..

your not special all the cool kids have CCLs

I fixed it for you.

Mike

Prior to getting my Utah CFP- online OSP-NICS took a few minutes, since then every online OSP-NICS has been almost instantaneous.
Now all that changes when I go somewhere that isn't set up to do the online OSP-NICS and they have to call in, 10 minutes on a good day- 1 hours+ on a gun show day.

dont you know?????..its the same as a ccl..cpl...cfp...wtf!! :s0114: oregon has a concealed handgun license,i wonder if anyone actually pays attention whats on the card in their wallet....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top