JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dura coat firearms paint for the do it yourself many different colors all you need is a airbrush or small paint sprayer IMAG1151.jpg IMAG1151.jpg

My only experience with Hard Chrome hasn't exactly been positive. My Wilson is hard chromed...one of the last guns before Wilson discontinued that finish. It looks great but the chrome hasn't held up in the magwell...which is obviously a high wear area. But once the chrome is worn down there is zero rust protection. I have to make sure to keep a good coat of wax on it to keep the rust off. I really like the finish otherwise but I would never do HC again.

Next time for a silver type finish, I'll go with NP3. Everything I've read about it says that it holds up really well. And if I ever redo a gun in black I'll go with Dave Severin's Hard Hat. Heard really good things about that as well.

Stainless isn't a finish - it's that metal the entire gun is made of. AND I appreciate your sentiment in that I used to DESPISE guns made of SS - Until I broke down and bought one and now own two ! Nearly hassle free upkeep and if you scratch it you can polish it out. Nickle? I owned ONE nickle plated gun and never will again - look at it too long and it starts wearing off
Yes, obviously stainless is the material. It is also the finish if there is no other coating applied.
I stand by my preference. I would buy neither in the future. I do own an SP101 in stainless, but that was
given to me. I'd just assume take a can of Krylon to it.
I'm not exactly what you would call a "purist".

Yes, obviously stainless is the material. It is also the finish if there is no other coating applied.
I stand by my preference. I would buy neither in the future. I do own an SP101 in stainless, but that was
given to me. I'd just assume take a can of Krylon to it.
I'm not exactly what you would call a "purist".

Hey Cigars,
Black Nitriding is very tough and wears very well. It is an easy process, and can be re-applied without stripping it before re-processing again if needed. It is much better then other processes, that are far to soft for wear from holsters, rifle cases, and general duty. It also looks excellent with a light coat of oil, and resist weather very well.
You can have this done at Beaver Heat treating in Clackamas or Met-Tek in I think Clackamas also.
There great guys, and will help you out.....

Larry243

Where are you sending it? I want it done on my reciently purchased Python.
I'm sending it through Grayguns, inc. But they actually send it to Cummings Custom Refinishing: Cummings Custom Refinishing . The match is pretty close to the factory finish from Sig. The trigger on that P229 in the picture is a Grayguns P-SAIT that was done by CCR in their Electroless Nickel, and it's pretty spot on.

Hey Cigars,
Black Nitriding is very tough and wears very well. It is an easy process, and can be re-applied without stripping it before re-processing again if needed. It is much better then other processes, that are far to soft for wear from holsters, rifle cases, and general duty. It also looks excellent with a light coat of oil, and resist weather very well.
You can have this done at Beaver Heat treating in Clackamas or Met-Tek in I think Clackamas also.

Larry243
Well thanks Larry. Good resource. I don't consider the gun to be much more than a paper weight so i can't see putting any money into it.

OMG, I can't let the wife see that. She already wants a purple Glock. (Thanks, gun store guy)
Lol I made the mistake of giving my neice that lives in Tacoma a Kimber pepper spray gun last year because she had a run in with a guy who was pretending to be a cop last year it was on the news .thank God she knew better when he walked to her car she said to her friends in the car that's not a cop and drove away.any way back to the mistake I told her when she is old enough and gets some training I will buy her a gun .lol she called the other night And said did you know they make pink purple green and all different colors of guns .so she's coming up to shoot some guns and I gave her info on training classes for women And LOOKS LIKE I'M BUYING A GUN MMMMMMM

Hey Cigars,

Larry243
Is Beaver Heat Treat still in business?

OMG, I can't let the wife see that. She already wants a purple Glock. (Thanks, gun store guy)
But really this stuff is easy to use need air compressor paint gun or airbrush it's kinda exspesive like 40 bucks for a small bottle 4oz with a hardner but it's like a powder coating

im not a fan of stainless and not a hater of stainless either. i have a few stainless firearms.

although not a "plating" my prefered metal treatment is black nitride and whatever the "matte" finish is on my savage 11 rifle. it doesnt rust.

You really should have a separate listing for Nickel Plated and Electroless Nickel because they are Two VERY different finishes! I did my first Electroless Nickel plating some 35 years ago and it's still looks like New!:):):)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top