JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Breakfree clp.
Yeah, I used some tonight. To clean and lube my rifle's bolt. It's "good enough".

If I was to clean my Mosin Nagant after shooting some corrosive ammo?
Well, hot soapy water works for that task. And, it's cheap.
IMHO.....the clp or Synthetic motor oil (0w20) could be used to lube and/or protect the metal after I'm done with the cleaning. Also, synthetic axle grease works well for the higher friction places. I've eliminated using lubriplate, for use with my M1, M1a and other semi automatics.

BUT, But, but.....use whatever floats your boat.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Breakfree has been working well for me for years. I don't use remoil because it took the finish/paint whatever off one of my rifles.

Breakfree clp.
Yeah, I used some tonight. To clean and lube my rifle's bolt. It's "good enough".

If I was to clean my Mosin Nagant after shooting some corrosive ammo?
Well, hot soapy water works for that task. And, it's cheap.
IMHO.....the clp or Synthetic motor oil (0w20) could be used to lube and/or protect the metal after I'm done with the cleaning. Also, synthetic axle grease works well for the higher friction places. I've eliminated using lubriplate, for use with my M1, M1a and other semi automatics.

BUT, But, but.....use whatever floats your boat.

Aloha, Mark

Gotcha clean separate from lube. Lube after. Thanks Boss.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top