JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back in 2005, Purdey, another Royal Appointment gunmaker, tried an experiment and subjected one of their hand-built guns to the unfeeling 'skills' of a CAD programme. Having dismantled the gun into its components, they carefully scanned every part with a device that could measure down to 1/10000th of an inch, namely, a LASER measuring device, and got the machine to replicate them.

Half a dozen of their gun builders tried to put it together - but although could be assembled, it would not close, not, having been forced to close, could it be opened again. The triggers didn't function either.

tac

I got mine. You don't want to hear how much it cost to get it fully restored from scrap status. But it was my grandfather's 1873 #1 Remington rolling block sporter. It now handles .38/.357 cartridges.
View attachment 304105
View attachment 304106
I just now discovered that Jim Dubell, who restored my grandfather's rifle passed away last July. He was truly a fine man. He's going to be missed by many, many people.

Obituary for James 'Jim' Dubell - Colville, WA (http://www.danekasfuneralchapel.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1626243)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top