JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back in 2005, Purdey, another Royal Appointment gunmaker, tried an experiment and subjected one of their hand-built guns to the unfeeling 'skills' of a CAD programme. Having dismantled the gun into its components, they carefully scanned every part with a device that could measure down to 1/10000th of an inch, namely, a LASER measuring device, and got the machine to replicate them.

Half a dozen of their gun builders tried to put it together - but although could be assembled, it would not close, not, having been forced to close, could it be opened again. The triggers didn't function either.

tac

I got mine. You don't want to hear how much it cost to get it fully restored from scrap status. But it was my grandfather's 1873 #1 Remington rolling block sporter. It now handles .38/.357 cartridges.
View attachment 304105
View attachment 304106
I just now discovered that Jim Dubell, who restored my grandfather's rifle passed away last July. He was truly a fine man. He's going to be missed by many, many people.

Obituary for James 'Jim' Dubell - Colville, WA (http://www.danekasfuneralchapel.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1626243)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top