Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What's your dream firearm? What white whale do you want?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by DEADTIME, Apr 2, 2012.

1. DEADTIME

DEADTIME Coeur D alene Active Member

As the title implies, what is your dream firearm to own? Be it a sub machine gun, rifle, shotgun etc. Tell us what firearm you yearn for the most and why.

2. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

WWII Thompson Sub-machine gun.
    Why? Because I think they are the coolest firearm ever.

3. williamcjones1988

williamcjones1988 Portland, OR Member

Umm well its actually a tie between a HK PSG1 and a Spaz 12ga my two favorite movies are sniper with billy zane and tom berringer, and Jurassic park and after seeing those movies I wanted those two since

Asp and (deleted member) like this.
  4. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

30cal. Mini Gun! With a few truck loads of ammo.. :thumbup:

5. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

A Westly Richards Cased Double African Express Rifle with 4 sets of barrels.:D

Jack...:cool:

Last edited: May 19, 2014
    coop44 likes this.
  6. Asp

Asp Oregon, the promise land. Active Member

That's an SR9(TC) in "Sniper" or MSG90

As for me?
    The "broom handle". A C96 M712 (full-auto) in .45 or 9mm, I don't care if it's Chinese or German.

Nocaster likes this.
  7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

8. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

14" bbl m4

It's not uber exotic, but i'd love to have one.

9. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

First of all, I'd like to point out the blatant racism in this post. I believe the correct term to be "Caucasian Whale".

Of the guns that I may actually own, the Elmer Keith commemorative Model 29 is probably on top. Followed closely by a '03 Springfield or any other WWII firearm with Keith proof marks. A Joe Foss or Elmer Keith owned firearm would be my real white whales. The cost of something like that, not to mention the lack of availability makes it unrealistic. The reason why is that Elmer Keith, Joe Foss and Jeff Cooper are my idols. I want to write like them and live like them. Great Americans that should be remembered and celebrated by my generation and those after me. I will do my best to pass on their writings and their stories. I hope other young parents do the same. Great thread, by the way. Kip.

10. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

Since you asked, what is your dream firearm, DEADTIME?

11. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

MG34 MG42 and a Thompson civilian .45 with the drum

For you pups who do not know how awesome a Thompson was, watch this (Yes he has an everlasting gobstopper drum but it's still fun) a little fun with Thompson's typewriter

[video=youtube;mAnD9P4ummA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAnD9P4ummA[/video]

Asp and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Original fully automatic Tommy Gun from the early Capone days.

.475 Wildey Magnum from Death Wish 3

S&W model 29 .44 magnum from Dirty harry.

THE rifle from "The Rifleman" tv show.

For me, any McMillan, or Blazer rifle. Don't know that I could ever justify the cost, but I sure love dreaming about them.

13. sixfoot674

sixfoot674 canby Member

barrett m107 .50 cal

14. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

a red jacket firearms dragon uzi with airbrushed scene of a dragon getting slayed complete with diamond plate magz tier 1 for sure

real dream=mini gun

15. DEADTIME

DEADTIME Coeur D alene Active Member

Me....well I pretty much own all the guns I have jonesed for. That being said, I would want my fathers M-14 he used in Vietnam for 3 years. It's not your typical dream gun but it would have enormous value to me. It kept him alive, helped him become an officer and got him a silver star.

16. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Winchester model 1885 30" Octagon barrel. .405 caliber Deluxe checkered Walnut Sporting stock with cresent metal butt plate. Double set triggers. And William Malcolm 6X Brass 30" tube period scope on deluxe full adjustable mounts. Along with a Set of Sharps style Long range Tang Sights and hooded front sight with inserts.

I'd want a matching Walnut and Blued Steel Display box that included a cleaning kit and a period Winchester Western Grizzly bear label box of .405 cartridges.

And one of these days I'll have it. It might have to be a reproduction but it will still be the long range rifle of my dreams.

salmonriverjohn likes this.
  17. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

I want the firearm that makes all the baddies pee thier pants and cry for MOMMA
    without firing a shot, or even loading it, if possible.
    Failing that, I would like a nice dry martini along with a Colt M-1928 Tommygun and a variety of loaded mags.
    With a Twist and an Olive

18. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Mark you already own this!
    and you have the finest wife in 4 states, is that not enough?

19. Otter

Otter Oregon - mid Willamette Valley Active Member

Oerlikon 20 mm cannon. If I can't get dies for it I would go with the M1918A2 BAR. A family member won the Medal of Honor in Italy with one.

Brutus57 likes this.
  20. erudne

When I was a kid Audie Murphy gave me a M-1 Carbine. It took me 40 years to learn he favored the carbine for shooting German snipers, another 10 years to figure out how he did it with a carbine and another 2 years to figure out WHY he did it with a carbine. I'm still wondering how he knew I needed to know those things.

ZigZagZeke likes this.