JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost done building the mini offset smoker:

20220416_225543.jpg 20220416_225508.jpg 20220416_225627.jpg

20220418_105203.jpg

Even though it was raining like an SOB last night, the grill would not be denied...
Lamb chops, loaded baked tater, and a Caprese salad.
All washed down with a few Campari & sodas and a local house red.

Lamb chops10.JPG

Good gosh, is this from the same day??? That looks like two completely different, and absolute delicious, main dishes. If it's from the same day, all I can say is what side dish can I bring???
And I'll bring the wine... :)

Dang, all I got tonight was chain store pizza. That'll teach me to take the family out on the first boat outing of the season! Was tee shirt weather, had tons of friends out too. Five boats total, was a rolling party Armada, LOL. Still wish I'd had your dinner though.
But the Big Question is... did the daughter catch anything this time? :)

But the Big Question is... did the daughter catch anything this time? :)
Of course we didn't catch anything. She's got my luck. We watched several other boats netting some decent sized fish but all we did was drown some worms, soak some power bait, and wear out some lures. I wouldn't trade a skunked day for anything though, quality time with the entire family and several friends, 5 boats total. At lest we weren't the only ones without a fish in our group though 😁

Good gosh, is this from the same day??? That looks like two completely different, and absolute delicious, main dishes. If it's from the same day, all I can say is what side dish can I bring???
Good eye, I mixed in pulled pork to the caramelized onions for the last half of their cook. I smoked 2-8lb pork butts two nights ago. We had an electrician over, and I was doing carpentry, so with the power off it only made sense to fire it up again. Thing uses like 6 coals and 3 pieces of kindleing at full throttle, pretty cute little fire.

20220429_220400.jpg 20220429_220343.jpg

Yup, two 20# cylinders with the tops cut off and welded together. Makes it about 6" longer and close to 33# now, roughly. 3.5" square steel tubeing, and the little cylinder was a small steel oxygen tank.
Dang man! An artesian designer/welder and cook! Incredible!

Last year on a hoot I decided to caramelize some onions and add it to the chopped left over smoked country ribs I did on the Weber. I add just enough cheap Kraft BBQ sauce to sweeten them up. The onions mixed in with the meat mix ads some crazy depth to a BBQ pork sandwich.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top