JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Beautiful night to get my grill on. Guacamole bacon burgers.

IMG_20211114_172042937.jpg IMG_20211114_172921175_HDR.jpg

I'ma gonna do a sweet & sour pork stir-fry tonight. Been meanin' to do it for a while now...

Lamb choppers again tonight.
Damn, I love me some of Mary's little beast...

Lamb chops07.JPG

It's great until you flop your steak over like a rookie and almost burn the house down haha
I'm still learning to cook on a ceramic top. Been about three months now, and being gone three weeks of that time. Doing fine though. I couldn't believe how fast you can turn two grilled cheese sandwiches black. But it's not the cooking that stifles me, it's keeping that damned glass surface clean!

I'm still learning to cook on a ceramic top. Been about three months now, and being gone three weeks of that time. Doing fine though. I couldn't believe how fast you can turn two grilled cheese sandwiches black. But it's not the cooking that stifles me, it's keeping that damned glass surface clean!
Yeah I hear ya. We've always had electric and gas is soooo much faster

It takes a bit of practice. Use less heat than you're used to using with the old electric wire burner, cuz the glasstop "pulses" the heat. It uses short bursts of intense heat and then it "rests" between bursts. Takes a short bit of getting used to.

Also, forget about trying to keep the top clean all the time. I use the CeramaBryte on my glasstop about 1x every 2 weeks or so. It's pointless to try and keep it any cleaner than that. Unless you're a clean-freak... :s0001:

I use the CeramaBryte on my glasstop about 1x every 2 weeks or so.
Same stuff I got. I'm always wiping it down, then buffing with the hand towel. It was so much easier with the white porcelain top, the burners burned up anything that got on them. And now I've lost my method of roasting chili's for various Mexican foods. I would use crossed bread cooling racks over the top of the burner. These burners won't work that way.

And now I've lost my method of roasting chili's for various Mexican foods. I would use crossed bread cooling racks over the top of the burner. These burners won't work that way.
I hear ya, Mike. Have you thought of trying a small gas-fired stove, say like a Coleman propane camp grill?

Mebbe even a George Foreman electric grill on über high?

Do you have a bottle of Cerama-Brite (sp?) and the souring pad??

Nevermind, just read that you have it!! 👍

I hear ya, Mike. Have you thought of trying a small gas-fired stove, say like a Coleman propane camp grill?

Mebbe even a George Foreman electric grill on über high?
I might be able to use the broiler. Could be a pita though. though about getting a single burner electric element. Those are really small though compared to what I used on the old stove.

Same stuff I got. I'm always wiping it down, then buffing with the hand towel. It was so much easier with the white porcelain top, the burners burned up anything that got on them. And now I've lost my method of roasting chili's for various Mexican foods. I would use crossed bread cooling racks over the top of the burner. These burners won't work that way.
Use a razor to scrape/clean the surface of burned on food. Works like a charm.

Use a razor to scrape/clean the surface of burned on food. Works like a charm.
Yes, this is good info! Do not try to use a steak knife or one of your Henckels, @Mikej.
Just get some razor blades from Lowe's and one of those retractable-blade holders. All good!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top