JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These have been smoking for 8 hours now...
Carolina Reapers, Trinidad Scorpions, and Scotch Bonnets.
They will the be ground into dust to warp minds.

The kitchen was spicy....

20211016_190649.jpg 20211016_123503.jpg 20211016_123451.jpg 20211016_123442.jpg 20211016_123436.jpg

Last Edited:
These have been smoking for 8 hours now...
Carolina Reapers, Trinidad Scorpions, and Scotch Bonnets.
They will the be ground into dust to warp minds.

The kitchen was spicy....

View attachment 1052421 View attachment 1052422 View attachment 1052423 View attachment 1052424 View attachment 1052426
WTH? Ooof. What can that stuff be used for other than self defense as a pepper spry? Reminds me, when I go to WinCo today I need to pick up a lb of bulk cayenne to spread in my beds to try and convince the NEW neighbors, TWO cats, that the mulch in my beds is not their private bubbleguming littler box! Bet some of that powdered pepper of yours would convince those cats without them even having to lick it of their pads, yeah?

WTH? Ooof. What can that stuff be used for other than self defense as a pepper spry? Reminds me, when I go to WinCo today I need to pick up a lb of bulk cayenne to spread in my beds to try and convince the NEW neighbors, TWO cats, that the mulch in my beds is not their private bubbleguming littler box! Bet some of that powdered pepper of yours would convince those cats without them even having to lick it of their pads, yeah?

Where a recipe calls for a teaspoon/tablespoon of cayenne I use a sprinkle of this.
Many of the super hots have great flavors when you remove the veins and seeds. Most common are fruity tropical flavors. Hints citrus.
Since these are smoked I'm going to try Chipotle type of concoction for the first time.
I make year long fermented sauces with them as well.

Where a recipe calls for a teaspoon/tablespoon of cayenne I use a sprinkle of this.
Many of the super hots have great flavors when you remove the veins and seeds. Most common are fruity tropical flavors. Hints citrus.
Since these are smoked I'm going to try Chipotle type of concoction for the first time.
I make year long fermented sauces with them as well.
Sounds delicious. I love the flavor of the canned chipotle in adobo. It's too hot for me to use much though. Then too, I've completely lost my sense of taste and smell and though I use spice, heat and texture to make food interesting enough to eat, I'm afraid straight heat might be too uncomfortable. OR, maybe I could really dose myself with some of the stuff and shock my senses back?

While I have a smoker trailer with three smokers on it last night I used my wood fired oven to smoke a pork butt for pulled pork. 7 hours total time cooking. I seared it at 500* then smoked/cooked it at 220-250* until the internal temps were 195*. It came out very nice with a good bark and a very juicy center.
What an oven! That will be my retirement gift to myself. Nice outdoor kitchen with a big ol brick oven, Santa Maria grill and a stone smoke house.

My turn at providing the main course for three families while camping. Used my buddies GMG table top smoker to make pork loin (got one from Costco) stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeños and seasoning-wrapped with bacon and smoked for 2 1/2 hours…..

Late to the posting...
Grilled pork loin, smashed baby red taters w/garlic, steamed mixed veggies, and a Caprese to go with my Old Fashioneds...

Pork loins5.JPG

Last Edited:
NY strip, medium rare, with smashed baby red taters and mixed veggies left over from last night...
Pairing it with a local merlot and my standard winter fare cocktail, the Old Fashioned...

NYS07.1.JPG

NYS07.2.JPG

Last Edited:
Not from the grille, per se, but tonight I decided to make a little casalingo dish from my days in Ol' Italy...

It's my fabulous chicken cacciatore! Boneless, skinless chiggin titz in a casalingo (homemade) tomato sauce with penne rigate and fresh basil leaves garnish, steamed broccoli florets, an organic artisan mixed baby spring greens salad with Italian dressing, all washed down with a local red table wine...

Chicken cacciatore.JPG

...and a buttload of pots and pans on the stove to clean up afterwards, too... :rolleyes:

And then there's dessert... a raspberry chocolate cake (from the bakery - I didn't make it) with which to finish off the carafe...
Raspberry chocolate cake.JPG

Yes, I'm eating at the brekkie bar again. My kitchen table has been taken over by another issue from work and I needed the large area in which to throw down my set of plans and do some sketchin' and probble solving...

Last Edited:
20211101_183716.jpg
Decided to make dinner on the old Weber...

20211101_183859.jpg
Elk burgers and Taylors hot Italian sausages...

20211101_185246.jpg
Blue cheese and cheddar...

20211101_185555.jpg
On the bun, elk burger, blue cheese, bacon, and caramelized onions. I dusted mine with my new Death Smoke powder my pepper crop this year. Spicy.

Lamb choppers on the grill tonight, to go with my OFs...
Lamb chops06_grilling.JPG

Dinner is served... marinated and grilled lamb chops, homemade baby red garlic parmesan mashed taters, steamed mixed veggies, Caprese salad, and a local red house wine with which to wash it all down, accompanied by a few Old Fashioneds during the preparation...
Lamb chops06_served.JPG

Mmmmmmmmmm...
Lamb chops06_medium rare.JPG

Delizioso!
Delizioso.JPG

Last Edited:
We have stocked up on pork butts for multiple purposes.
I dabble in sausage making and charcuterie.
Today we ground up 20lbs of pork. All of it was for bulk chorizo. 15lbs was for family stuff, the other 5lbs was treated to my Death Smoke 2021 powder.
The recipe is a mix between a Mexican and Argentinian chorizo. One of these times I need to put some into casings and smoke.

20211107_135349.jpg
15lbs of chorizo ready to package

20211107_135332.jpg
Death Smoke test patty

20211107_141229.jpg
Death Smoke test patty, egg, and cheese sandwich

Fatastic. Red grease from the meat. The flavor is incredible and the heat is spot on. Snotty nose inducing but not eye watering.

20211107_135321.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads