JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Which trip is better for a leader, the golf course or Gunsite?

While Jordanian King Abdullah II is being widely admired for his swift and decisive retaliation for the murder of one of his citizens by ISIS terrorists – though this morning the Independent newspaper reported he will not actually participate in the fighting – there's something else about the monarch that surfaced yesterday, and it means something special in the firearms community.

<broken link removed>

Let's See...I'm the KING. I have unlimited funds and it's a round of golf or taking a course at the most renowned pistol-shooting academy in the WORLD? Hmmmmm.....Duh, it's loud noises and making holes!

This does not make Abdullah a badass though. Anyone who can pay the freight and doesn't' have a criminal record can go to Gunsite.

I personally have admired the Jordanian King for a long time. He's a genuine reformer sitting in a country with no money, no oil, and LOT'S of serious political problems and he's threaded the needle artfully since his father died.

But he's been a friend to the US from the gate (as far as politics allow). It's a lot better than we can say of anyone in te region except Israel. (He's also managed to avoid the excesses of other non-democrats in the region, which speaks well of him).

I won't go on the bandwagon over his response to ISIS. (Could we please call it Daesh?) This is a real threat to his regime and he's doing what anyone with a brain and the option WOULD do.

FDR gets no special prizes for declaring war over Pearl Harbor. ANY president would have done so. Let's be a little cautious about jumping on the Abdullah bandwagon. He's doing what's obviously in his and his country's best interest. Nothing more.

For all the good i've said, he's an autocrat, absolute monarch in the 21st century. Let's not forget that little tidbit.

By the way, if anyone is seriously interested in assisting the Syrian Kurds, please PM me. (These are the people who withstood and prevailed in a 133-day siege of Kobane). They need money, night vision goggles, optics and body armor BADLY. Unless you're a young man with recent, serious combat experience, they can't use more people.

9fe19d5499compare.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads