JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I uncomfortably will share my true experience with you brave people. It went like this this: No stuff there I was sitting in my office watching television when my wife shouted to me in my full name to come to her. As I rounded/entered the family room where she was cleaning/reorganizing the furniture, she was standing over my brand new first purchase of a gun of any type, never never been shot 12 gauge shotgun, which I had thought was well hidden (so I thought) till I could find the perfect words to tell her I had finally bought a gun and why. Well to make a long story short, her first and only question was where is the little one, (i.e. pistol)!

I uncomfortably will share my true experience with you brave people. It went like this this: No stuff there I was sitting in my office watching television when my wife shouted to me in my full name to come to her. As I rounded/entered the family room where she was cleaning/reorganizing the furniture, she was standing over my brand new first purchase of a gun of any type, never never been shot 12 gauge shotgun, which I had thought was well hidden (so I thought) till I could find the perfect words to tell her I had finally bought a gun and why. Well to make a long story short, her first and only question was where is the little one, (i.e. pistol)!

Just so you know that means you buy four pistol's. One for her and three for you!! :p:D

Just so you know that means you buy four pistol's. One for her and three for you!! :p:D
I saw this on another forum and got such a good chuckle from it I thought I'd rip it off and share it. A little too close to the truth?

View attachment 365459

I'm lucky that my wife likes occaisionally shooting my firearms...and I'm lucky she knows a couple of my shooting buddys, who would be both smart and honest in liquidating anything she doesn't want to keep in the event of my demise.

This would seem a reasonable plan...

Say you bought a gun for $550...
Maybe you told her you only paid $300.
You don't want her to sell it that cheap if you die, so the story goes: "Honey, if you ever had to sell this thing, you should ask at least $500 for it. As you know, I only paid $300 for it, because I'm smart, know how to spot a deal, and I always wait for the deals, so I can spend the money I saved on cool stuff for you."

You look smart (just like all the times she said, "but sweetie, it was on sale," trying to justify something you still couldn't afford), you're doing it for her, and even in death, you're still makin' profit for her. Win-Win all the way around. ;-)

This would seem a reasonable plan...

Say you bought a gun for $550...
Maybe you told her you only paid $300.
You don't want her to sell it that cheap if you die, so the story goes: "Honey, if you ever had to sell this thing, you should ask at least $500 for it. As you know, I only paid $300 for it, because I'm smart, know how to spot a deal, and I always wait for the deals, so I can spend the money I saved on cool stuff for you."

You look smart (just like all the times she said, "but sweetie, it was on sale," trying to justify something you still couldn't afford), you're doing it for her, and even in death, you're still makin' profit for her. Win-Win all the way around. ;-)
Maybe you just haven't been around women long enough to know that two lies are not better than one. ;)

Personally I have a good friend that would be able to sell my guns and knows which are to be passed down. And I have a list of inherited pieces.

Honestly, I would give her your login here and instruct her to ask for help selling them as prices can vary quickly on some things and enough good people here would give her some honest answers so she doesn't get taken advantage of.

Just a thought.
I have also set up a spreadsheet to catalog my weapons both long and handguns. Also did it for my ammo so I could see what I needed to add to. I have personal and NFA items (SBR & cans) that will need special handling so I asked a very knowledgeable friend to assist my daughter down the road if something happens to me. Me, I'll be dead so thats not a problem but my daughter would need the help and he is a trusted friend.

It doesn't matter much what I paid for my firearms; in the future, most will be worth as much or more than what I paid for them. Some exceptions, but even then, they will be worth what they are worth on the market.

That said, I don't intend to sell any and my strong advice to my daughter is to not sell any either. I am hoping she won't ever have to.
I buy quality in whatever category I am shopping (pistol, AR, bolt, etc). Sure you can buy a $500 AR but a $1300+ Barrett is of better quality. Don't care much about future value. Have never sold a weapon, only used them to trade up. Gun shop guy said they take 40% of retail(Gun Broker is often used)and then pay you 40% of that. Chaps me to think of that so I never sell. Own a good revolver (Ruger 357), a Sig and a Barrett, a BDE, couple of Sig pistol, etc etc etc. Quality is always better than less expensive in my mind. Sh*t, I still had to buy a second safe to move my ammo into to make more room in the first! Wonder what I'll do with that extra space.....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top