JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this on another forum and got such a good chuckle from it I thought I'd rip it off and share it. A little too close to the truth?

ear-is-that-one-day-i-will-die-and-my-wife-will-sell-my-guns-for-what-i-told-her-i-paid-for-them.jpg

Last Edited:
My wife knows what I pay for them at the time I buy them (unless I'm selling one to buy another). What I am certain of is that she likely doesn't remember any of those values, so if something did happen to me and she wanted to sell them, I doubt she would know the value. I can only hope she would do some research before selling. Some day I need to put a spreadsheet of values together for her for such an instance.

My wife is normally with me when I buy guns.. her only complaint is that my gun count is higher than hers.. so i keep reminding her to change that.. she has some money in a separate bank account.. lol, I just dont think anything has caught her fancy yet.

:rolleyes: My wife doesn't know squat about my gun safe. Except that there is jewelry in there and it holds guns. She usually knows what I buy and what the cost is but I am sure she has long forgotten.

I try not to keep to many things from my wife. But once in a while a really good deal comes up and I will sneak it in if my allowance is gone ;):D

I keep a log: a running tally actually with every one that has come or gone. S/N's, Purchase or sell/traded dates, description, applied accessories, Where boxes and accoutrements such as removes sights, grips, papers or mags are stored,pictures of, price paid, Sold $ / traded for , followed with yearly or so updates of expected current value on a two flash drives stores separately.
I've offered my wife my personal opine that in times of need for quick sale, especially under health or financial duress, one is usually lucky to realize 30 to 40% of value, which having been involved in a few yard sales some years past, she accepted.
Between my history and updates and the discount of duress sale she can have something to work with if she has time or desire to deal with them considering a hundred dollar and a thousand dollar gun may look the same to her.
Or, she can let it all go, and not be a burden in her time of stress with the knowledge it's all been paid for as a consumable entertainment for me.

Or you pile up so many parts in the Spares Bin from 'upgrades' you could almost build another gun and then point out "you know, if we only spent $X for A, B and C I could turn all these parts cluttering the place into another rifle in the rack..."

Lucky me that my gal thinks discussing builds being planned is some of her favorite 'dirty talk'... :D

I keep a spreadsheet that has the values of things my wife doesn't know much about like firearms, camera gear, and stereo equipment. The trick is to not let her see the thing before I croak or I will wish I had.

My Lovely Bride has almost as big a fancy of firearms as I do, She is also petty savvy on current values so I have nothing to worry about! I also never have to try and hide any thing, she is likely to be as excited about a new purchase as I am, and she is my best shootin buddy because of all of this!
Yea, I got real lucky with her!:):):)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads