JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The GF also has very strict instructions on one thing: Anything I build on an NWFA-engraved lower is to be sold ONLY to another member of this site, and (assuming we find a legal way for her to; I'm assuming when I croak she's back to the Frozen Northern Wastelands to stay) if she wants to keep any she needs to register an account here herself.

In my house I am the man....traditional values. I was raised this way and will live with this motto til I die. In my house I make all the decisions and that is final, and it is my decision to let my wife make all the decisions.

In my house I am the man....traditional values. I was raised this way and will live with this motto til I die. In my house I make all the decisions and that is final, and it is my decision to let my wife make all the decisions.

Very well said;).

I listen to my wife because she is right almost all of the time. She listens to me when the subject matter is more in my field of knowledge.

We make a great team:cool:.

But I'm still the man of the house and protecting my ladies is my first priority - on the rare occasions we go out to eat my wife will even ask me what part of the the table I want to sit in because she knows it's important to me to be able to see as much of the area as I can.

She doesn't really want to think about that stuff - she sees enough ugliness in her job and is ok being oblivious too it while it's personal time.

Works for us.

I'll bet you ALWAYS have the last word, too. "Yes, Dear." :D

For you "amateurs" that THINK your woman "doesn't remember" all those itty-bitty "details" and/or THINK they may have even "escaped" her attention.. you're oh so VERY sadly mistaken. :rolleyes:

;)

We've each got a $1000 limit on buying something for ourselves without consulting the other, but in practice we usually float it by each other even if it's less.

Reading this thread, I think it's time to start putting together a list of items I purchased and how much so she'll have some value idea if (when) I croak.

Very well said;).

I listen to my wife because she is right almost all of the time. She listens to me when the subject matter is more in my field of knowledge.

But I'm still the man of the house and protecting my ladies is my first priority - on the rare occasions we go out to eat my wife will even ask me what part of the the table I want to sit in because she knows it's important to me to be able to see as much of the area as I can.

She doesn't really want to think about that stuff - she sees enough ugliness in her job and is ok being oblivious too it while it's personal time.

Works for us.

Took my Wife a while to get used to that, where I sit. Now she just follows my lead knowing I am picking my spot for just that reason. Protect her.

Very well said;).

Works for us.
Took my Wife a while to get used to that, where I sit. Now she just follows my lead knowing I am picking my spot for just that reason. Protect her.

My better half always asks me before we go out, "you got your shootah?" (Australian accent). I always answer, "of course, you got my wiener?" (nodding to her purse).... :D

She always leaves me the seat facing the entrance whenever we go out... DAM, I married GOOD! :)

When I pass, my wife knows that the guns and my knife collection go to my son so I don't have to worry there. I have slowed the knife collecting down, but when the wife got to the mail box before me and dropped the package off on my desk, she would then say, "I am off to the mall". It was her way of getting even. I got a new knife, she was going to buy a pair of new shoes knowing that I would not, could not, complain. But, what she did not know is that my new knife costs a whole lot more than her new shoes did. :p

My wife doesn't say anything because I made a decision year's ago and that decision was that from now on she would be called EX WIFE LOL

My wife used to ask but has since given up. She likes that I'm interested in guns and reloading rather than out killing myself on a dirt bike or playing guitar 5 nights a week. She's seen me in the hospital too many times and since I do most all my shooting at home and spend a lot of time w/the 8 yo twins she pretty much doesn't care about this particular hobby. Once in awhile she'll out of the blue say 'don't buy anything this month' or something like that, she runs the books. I have my own stash and do a lot of trading so the collection seems to change monthly. She has no interest in trying to keep track of things and I try not to abuse her good will.

I hid purchases from my first wife. It didn't work out well.
I didn't hide anything from my latest wife, but wouldn't ask or inform of purchases. We kept separate accounts, mine being the wellspring from which hers filled, so as long as she had what she wanted, she didn't care.
On multiple occasions, I've had all my guns out, she's asked about them and I've explained how each one came to be.
Now I take my son through the entire collection, explaining each one, the maker & cartridge, showing him the action, stripping it with him if it's sensible at the moment, safe handling techniques, etc. He likes it, and I'm sure he's completely cataloged it all, in his memory.

"The Wife" aka "She that must be obeyed". I learned this from one of colleagues many years ago now.

"She Who Must Be Obeyed"
Points to Rumpole of the Bailey fans.
Rumpole_of_the_Bailey.jpg

Rumpole of the Bailey - Wikipedia

We've each got a $1000 limit on buying something for ourselves without consulting the other, but in practice we usually float it by each other even if it's less.

Reading this thread, I think it's time to start putting together a list of items I purchased and how much so she'll have some value
idea if (when) I croak.

Personally I have a good friend that would be able to sell my guns and knows which are to be passed down. And I have a list of inherited pieces.

Honestly, I would give her your login here and instruct her to ask for help selling them as prices can vary quickly on some things and enough good people here would give her some honest answers so she doesn't get taken advantage of.

Just a thought.

Personally I have a good friend that would be able to sell my guns and knows which are to be passed down. And I have a list of inherited pieces.

Honestly, I would give her your login here and instruct her to ask for help selling them as prices can vary quickly on some things and enough good people here would give her some honest answers so she doesn't get taken advantage of.

Just a thought.
:s0101:

I purchase my hobby items with my money. She knows what everything I buy is worth. She pays little attention to what I tell her but has a list of knowledgeable experts in the various hobbies and categories to deal with anything not going to the kids. And we have a very clear will and have had numerous discussions with our adult children about what goes to who and so on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top