JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm watching Antiques Roadshow right now. Lady comes on with an oil painting. Estimated value at auction was between $80k and $100K. For that much I'd sell it in a heart beat and I'll bet that most of you would also do the same.

So, the question is, What 1 firearm would you buy with the proceeds of the sale? Try to pick 1 firearm please.

For me, I'd buy a HK MP5 with registered trigger pack, only about $30K. I'd pay off my mortgage with the rest of the money.

Last Edited:
If it were a Miro original of ''Le Chanteur'', or Wassily Kandinsky's "Heavy Red" I'd keep it. :)
On the other hand, an artist I didn't like, just might need a white 1965 Rolls Silver Cloud to carry a Weatherby Mk. V. .338 Lapua.

One of the Holland and holland African big game rifles from the 1920's Or one of the Jefferies from the same era! Any pre war Mauser rifles or one of the pre war Springfield bolt actions

If I lived in OR probably a FA gun of some kind.

Since I don't, a beretta 92 or a Desert Eagle (both shiny) have been on my wish list for a few decades now and not looking like it will be this year either.

Other then that, pay off as much of my mortgage as possible.

Mediocre goals but I'm not a rich man so that would tickle me plenty.

One firearm to rule them all?!

Ok, so with that $100,000 I can only buy one?!

Barrett 82A1, top of the line optic and mount as well as a spare mag or two (I know, I know) plus quite a bit of ammo, that would still leave me with quite a bit left over to pay off any debts.

I figure, full auto is fun, but Id treat a FA firearm like a safe queen if I dropped that much cash on it. I figure with the 50BMG Id only buy one if I had crazy money to feed it and to equip it with an optic that would do the caliber justice.

The only other thing I would spend crazy money on would be a Gold Plated AK74U with bakelite furniture and tons of bakelite 5.45 mags and ammo. It'd still be a safe queen but one I would take out, drool over then put away.

Fully bespoke English shotgun (maybe German).

True sidelocks. Single selective trigger. Exhibition+ walnut. Orange-red rubber or leather covered recoil pad.

Combo barrel set: 34" full/full, 28" IC/IM, and 30 or 32" threaded for Teague flush chokes.

Bespoke engravings: Oregon fir trees, peregrine falcons, Mt. Hood on sides. My pit Bull Terrier in a frame of pansies on the underside of the receiver. All framed and brought together by scrolls, roses and/or vines -- honestly would leave it up to the master to create the most harmonious finished product once he gets some of the basic elements.

Or maybe I'd just buy a Krieghoff k-80 and spend the rest of the money on two decades of target shells and clays.

In reality, if I fell into $100k that HAD to be spent on fun or guns, I'd probably buy 10-20 $5k-10k guns than a single $75k+ gun. But you know that's what most of us would do and that's why you said only one.

It wouldn't come close to the value of the painting but

An Original Winchester model 1885 Deluxe A+ Wood with checkering Pistol grip Double set triggers with a 30-32" barrel chambered in 45-70 or .405Win Mounted with a Malcom 6X 30" tube Scope and long range mounts. I would also have a set of long range Soule Iron sights. What I want should be findable for about 20-25K

That would be the one LUST firearm in my book or basically the same thing only an 1886 in 45-70 and 26" barrel

I could do either as high end modern manufactured for about $5000.00 each

I would buy a 338 lapua of some kind with appropriate optics.And ammo
I have meager wants and paying the house off (39K:D) and buying a couple quads and maybe a Jeepster Commando would be more important

Sorry guys I've got all the guns and stuff I need ++++

I'd just have to spring for that bright yellow Z08 Vette instead,,of course then I'd still have to come up with about another 40 K on top of that 100K to get it. The one I want is ONLY 138K optioned out like I want it.:eek: Yikes!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top