JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I imagine the values of gasoline powered automobiles would go down if gasoline and oil were to triple in price. Maybe some of the more fuel efficient cars would hold their value or even increase a bit but the gas hogs should decline in value.

Will that happen with firearm values if the ammo and reloading component shortage drags on for much longer?

I imagine the values of gasoline powered automobiles would go down if gasoline and oil were to triple in price. Maybe some of the more fuel efficient cars would hold their value or even increase a bit but the gas hogs should decline in value.

Will that happen with firearm values if the ammo and reloading component shortage drags on for much longer?

You'd better be more concerned about the cost of food and utilities more than automobiles......

Prices for everything are skyrocketing. OSB is over $20 a sheet. A refrigerator that I could buy for $599 a couple of years ago is now $799 and on it goes. Thank the federal government and keep in mind that it's going to get worse as they continue to pile up debt and print play money.

Prices for everything are skyrocketing. OSB is over $20 a sheet. A refrigerator that I could buy for $599 a couple of years ago is now $799 and on it goes. Thank the federal government and keep in mind that it's going to get worse as they continue to pile up debt and print play money.

It is crazy what building materials have done, and what has happened to the quality.

New ICE vehicles using petroleum liquid fuels or petroleum byproducts (CNG, LPG) sold by dealerships would drop in price, probably slowly and they would mostly sit on the lot. Hybrids and electric would sell instead. Maybe high MPG vehicles would do ok for a while. It would depend on how fast the fuel costs rose.

With firearms - not quite the same. Most people need transportation of some sort, and most people have vehicles with ICEs if they have a vehicle at all. Most people do not absolutely need firearms and ammo day to day. I have enough ammo to last me the rest of my life and then some - unless SHTF. I would continue to shoot .22 RF and leave the rest in storage for SHTF - which is mostly what I am going to do anyway.

The only way I see ammo becoming really hard to get long term is if SHTF or if there are strict gun/ammo control laws.

It seems to me that if ammo is fuel for firearms and prices for ammo jump significantly, then prices on firearms should go down. It doesn't appear to be playing out that way so far. I am wondering if that will change if ammo supplies continue to be scarce and ammo prices stay elevated. Maybe the demand for firearms won't change no matter how high ammo prices go?

I think the demand for firearms and ammo will remain high...
I also think that the prices for firearms and ammo will remain high...as companies now know just what folks are willing to spend to get them.
Not so much a conspiracy , more along the lines of greed and profit at all costs.

As far as cars and gas....
Much the same.
We have a "automobile culture" here , this coupled with the almost daily "need" of a car , will keep demand and prices up...Again 'cause companies know what we are willing to spend on those items.
Andy

( So much for my signature of : Knock it off with them negative waves...:eek: :D )

Well, "free" healthcare, birth control, universal basic income, and gender studies in Pakistan aren't really "free", now are they?

o_O:rolleyes:

Economics 101. Supply and Demand. Prices will reflect what the market is willing to pay for an item.

Gasoline as a form of energy. There is not yet a viable alternative for the masses. Electricity and say a Tesla - where is that electricity going to come from if even 60% of transportation pivoted to electric vehicles?

Guns and ammo. Ammo is the real shortage.

Economics 101. Supply and Demand. Prices will reflect what the market is willing to pay for an item.

Gasoline as a form of energy. There is not yet a viable alternative for the masses. Electricity and say a Tesla - where is that electricity going to come from if even 60% of transportation pivoted to electric vehicles?

Guns and ammo. Ammo is the real shortage.
Imna mad max my Porter Cable framing nailer into full auto hootinannie is what.

We are all missing the real future. Hoarding guns and ammo will only pay a dividend for a very short time. Stomper had it right, food will be a bigger concern- not just human nature but basic biology! Like most of you guys I do subscribe to the bumper sticker philosophy " I own pistols to get to my rifles so I can get your stuff". That's why I say ammo hoarding will have a short lifespan. I see the future as portrayed by Charlton Heston in Soylent Green.

Just food for thought.

Well, the last time I put fuel into my vehicle was August, and I still have about 3/4 of a tank. The time before that was maybe the previous November, I think. It's a PHEV and almost all my driving is within battery range, particularly in summertime.

We won't be burning carbons to get places for much longer, maybe a couple decades tops.

Fifty five gallon drum of premium with fuel stabilizer in it, in the shop. If SHTF I don't anticipate using up fuel. Hell, the only reason I come into town nowadays, besides groceries once or twice a month, is to pickup ammo/etc. - I anticipate all that back and forth will be greatly reduced. As it is I don't come into town more than once a week as it is and a tank of gas lasts me more than a month.

As for food, been stocking that up too.

Well, the last time I put fuel into my vehicle was August, and I still have about 3/4 of a tank. The time before that was maybe the previous November, I think. It's a PHEV and almost all my driving is within battery range, particularly in summertime.

We won't be burning carbons to get places for much longer, maybe a couple decades tops.
I think the whole Rocky Mountains is oil shale so..

I noticed the price of high end "collectable" isn't changing much unless they're defense firearms. The price of self defense firearms is skyrocketing along with ammunition. This trend (in my opinion) will continue for a while. I'm sitting on a few high end collectable that are just sitting there not appreciating in value but my day to day guns that mean something in a practical way for defense are going up. My "gold mine" of ammunition is getting tempting to sell but there's a reason it's going up and that's what makes me keep it.....Just sayin

My 1100 Remington that I bought for 300 bucks just 10 years ago is going for 600 to 1000 depending on the model. That seems silly.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews