JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1) "I can verify the "coat hanger" or "shoelace" method works like a scalded cat runnin' from a horny monkey or French speaking skunk on the prowl."
I can't think of too many worse ideas.
If I'm betting my life on my gun(s) the last thing I want is some 1/2 a$$ed modification that can fail at a bad moment. The quality of the material in a coat hanger isn't up to depending on it in a situation of existential peril. If that coat hanger activator fails it stands to render the rifle hors-de-combat until you can disassemble it.
If ammo is scarce I don't want to dump 1/2 the magazine when I press the trigger - 1 shot, 1 hit. If I don't think I can hit it, wait for a better time. Air guns are great for practicing the basics of good shooting.

2) "Fifty five gallon drum of premium with fuel stabilizer in it, in the shop."
Yup :D. While you're at it remember that ethanol-free gas stores better and contains more btus/gal.

3) It's not a choice between food and ammo. If food is scarce you need a gun unless you plan to feed those who hoarded ammo.

Wait until the new green deal shuts down all of the polluting power sources (coal, gas, nuclear and hydro), and all we have is renewable power sources (solar and wind). Solar only produce power for 5 hours a day, and wind can cease for weeks (like the UK has experienced). We will have rolling blackouts that last for weeks, just like the UK. How will you charge your electric vehicles with no power? How will they transport goods? Like Joe Biden has said, Dark times are ahead of us.

Wouldn't have much of an effect on our household if energy prices tripled.
While it wouldn't impact us as much, I'd be right there with the guy who has an 8mpg gas hog raising hell and bubbleguming. I'm really for the people, even if it doesn't impact me.

With more people spending more of their money just to get to work, you'll see more fuel efficient vehicles on the road. More of the guzzlers will be on the repo list, they will default and more economy based vehicles will arise.

Those who can't afford to replace their driving habit with a more efficient will start working on getting their chevrolegs and shoedebakers up and running. Then big government will take more from those who can work and give it to those who can't afford to get to work. That's when some revolt happens.

We would see more fuel theft, less molitovs and more wood burning vehicles coming to life.

Works for the DPNK, why not adapt it here widespread?

Cool thread. I recall during some of the times of expensive fuel (in Cali where I was at the time) everyone was selling off their trucks and SUV's and they could be had for bargain prices. The difference I see is that it doesn't cost more to shoot a specific gun over another. You can also stockpile ammo but not fuel. You can pause your shooting or at lease switch to .22 or something you have more of, but you can't pause going to work (if you are one of the fewer and fewer who go somewhere to work).

However, I do believe we could get to lower prices eventually as folks lose interest and begin to sell off their purchases due to necessity. I thought RV's would crash in price...the opposite happened as more switched to local vacations. Unfortunately, I expect more folks will need to sell of items like this before this mess is over.

On another but related note, there was a very good PragerU video on the massive hidden cost in $$$ and to the environment of wind and solar for our alternate fuel resources since others have related to this. I agree with @titsonritz that the logistics for guns, ammo and everything are going to be an issue for a while related to costs. The higher costs of new goods will help keep the cost of used ones high as well.

$.02

Wait until the new green deal shuts down all of the polluting power sources (coal, gas, nuclear and hydro), and all we have is renewable power sources (solar and wind). Solar only produce power for 5 hours a day, and wind can cease for weeks (like the UK has experienced). We will have rolling blackouts that last for weeks, just like the UK. How will you charge your electric vehicles with no power? How will they transport goods? Like Joe Biden has said, Dark times are ahead of us.
Government workers are productive a negative 10 hours a day so it's a net gain. pretty simple really

We been there and done that albeit not likely for the last time, at one point some time ago you couldn't give away the commercial HumVee due to high gas prices and low mileage.

If you thought 2020 was bad, fast forward to next December 2021.
My predictions under biden/harris
1) firearm industry will be decimated
2)taxes will raise substantially
3) the oil, gas, natural gas, industry will ALSO BE DECIMATED
(NOT TO THIINK ABOUT THE MILLIONS OF JOBS LOST +
LIVES RUINED).
4) private health insurance will be abolished
5) gas prices will rise drastically
6) they can't take our cars away......SO they will TAX us out
Of them.
7)Eventually they will ration food AND electricity.
SORRY TO BE NEGATIVE....I'M A REALIST
I HOPE MY PREDICTIONS TURN OUT TO BE WRONG

Many liberals would like to see The United States living like we're in the 1850's. No cars, single shot guns, no energy source but wind and water. The problem is the rest of the world won't stop progressing and wanting what we have. Not to mention dying from the flu was common place 200 years ago.

Not to be too nit picky...
But there were repeating arms in the 1850's...
Colt revolvers were pretty well known...Smith and Wesson was getting stated...Volcanic Arms were making their repeaters
And no , the above weren't the most common or used...but they still were out there and known.

I understand the message ...just pointing out a common misunderstanding.

And just a reminder to watch the blanket statements and labeling.
'Cause a blanket one sized fits all statement ....often fits none...and to be blunt , can be wrong.

Thanks
Andy

Well, the last time I put fuel into my vehicle was August, and I still have about 3/4 of a tank. The time before that was maybe the previous November, I think. It's a PHEV and almost all my driving is within battery range, particularly in summertime.

We won't be burning carbons to get places for much longer, maybe a couple decades tops.
1609638492559.png

I imagine the values of gasoline powered automobiles would go down if gasoline and oil were to triple in price. Maybe some of the more fuel efficient cars would hold their value or even increase a bit but the gas hogs should decline in value.

Will that happen with firearm values if the ammo and reloading component shortage drags on for much longer?
Ammo not much good at any price, if you first dont have a gun !!!

The fossil fuel situation has improved dramatically in US because of oil shale. US became energy self-sufficient in 2020. US shale oil is now less costly to extract than everything except Saudi Arabian. And its very near Saudi Arabian, and beats it by the time you include shipping. We only still import a little oil because our refineries are still mostly designed to run on heavy crude instead of the lighter sweeter oil from shale. So some heavy crude is imported to mix with the light. And we actually export light sweet. But more and more of our refineries are being retooled to run on our light sweet.

All this info is from YouTube videos by Peter Zeihan. He says the US president now has congressional approval to cut off exports of US oil. Meaning that the American oil market will become separate from the Middle East market and not subject to OPEC price manipulationss. He also says that while Biden has banned fracking on federal land, only a few percent of oil shale production is on federal land. So Biden has made no significant change in the US oil situation. And the US Midwest now has the cheapest energy in the world, meaning real reason to bring energy demanding industries back to the Midwest. Especially chemical industries, where the feed stocks are oil and natural gas, a byproduct of shale oil production. And anything where the labor can be largely robotic, such as textiles.

The fossil fuel situation has improved dramatically in US because of oil shale. US became energy self-sufficient in 2020. US shale oil is now less costly to extract than everything except Saudi Arabian. And its very near Saudi Arabian, and beats it by the time you include shipping. We only still import a little oil because our refineries are still mostly designed to run on heavy crude instead of the lighter sweeter oil from shale. So some heavy crude is imported to mix with the light. But more and more of our refineries are being retooled to run on our light sweet.

All this info is from YouTube videos by Peter Zeihan. He says the US president now has congressional approval to cut off exports of US oil. Meaning that the American oil market will become separate from the Middle East market and not subject to OPEC price manipulationss. He also says that while Biden has banned fracking on federal land, only a few percent of oil shale production is on federal land. So Biden has made no significant change in the US oil situation. And the US Midwest now has the cheapest energy in the world, meaning real reason to bring energy demanding industries back to the Midwest. Especially chemical industries, where the feed stocks are oil and natural gas, a byproduct of shale oil production. And anything where the labor can be largely robotic, such as textiles.
Tell that to Sherwin Williams when they introduce their next price increase.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top