JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's how I understand it too. I didn't have a BGC done for my SBR through OSP. Yes, I realize that it's not the same as a suppressor as the can is purchased from an FFL but a main reason for a stamp is so they can process their own BGC. I may be wrong though as well.
It sounds like I have the wrong dealer, as they run an OSP BGC.

Because some FFL's run a BCG check in you before they release the suppressor to you.

Wasn't that implied from earlier posts?
I believe that when you pick up your can, the FFL only does the 4473 to show the transfer from them to you. The ATF/FBI already did the BGC on you.
But then it is Oregon after all!

Until we have some concrete evidence, it's all rumors.
As I understand it a 4473 is required currently for those because they are defined as firearms by the state and currently require a state BGC for transfer, though suppressors do not. That is the reasoning I have heard. I agree it is ludicrous that you need a BGC post the BGC required for NFA items. At this point it feels like my BGC's BGC has had a BGC.

I thought Oregon law did not require a background check for suppressors... but I could be wrong as I don't trade in suppressors.

Form 4 items that need to be transferred will run afoul of 114. Form 1 items (mfg./build applications) are prob good to go as soon as you get your stamp and will not be subject to the 114. At least that's what I'm going with.

I thought Oregon law did not require a background check for suppressors... but I could be wrong as I don't trade in suppressors.

Form 4 items that need to be transferred will run afoul of 114. Form 1 items (mfg./build applications) are prob good to go as soon as you get your stamp and will not be subject to the 114 BS. At least that's what I'm going with.
currently they do not. Again, this is what the FFL I purchased suppressors from has told me.

I'm not sure that BATFE will approve suppressors into Oregon until a permit system is in place.

Suppressors by Federal definition are considered firearms and require a federal 4473 to complete the transfer after you receive approval. BATFE expects an approved transfer to be complete quickly and in a reasonable time frame. Nationally, there are dealers that have gotten themselves jammed up in the past when they haven't completed a transfer in a reasonable time frame.. BATFE will not approve transfers unless the item is legal in the receiving state. It seems to be likely that they will not approve transfers into Oregon until a permit system is in place because they know the transfer cannot be completed in a timely manner.

This whole thing is a total goatrope.

I've been waiting for a couple of suppressors for a few months now and I know I'll be waiting for a handful more months, way past the start of 114. I'm just curious as to what will happen to my suppressor(s) if my local gun shop closes down due to these gun-grabbing politicians.:( Secondly, let us just say that said gun shop holds out until I can pick up my suppressor, don't you need to fill out an ATF 4473 form with "No NICS"? This technically means it's a firearm transfer without a background check, correct me if I am wrong. If this is true, then wouldn't I need to get a permit to pick up my suppressor since it's considered a firearm transfer in the politician's eyes?

"These Politicians are Demons on a mission!"
Best case scenario is to move !

Best case scenario is to move !
I'm planning on it If we don't make any progress with eliminating or suppressing 114 and Tina. I'm giving Oregon and measure 114 a year before I start making plans. I just can't leave without my suppressors tho unless there is a way that my local FFL can transfer them out-of-state to another FFL?

I'm born and raised here in Oregon and I am sad to leave it behind. :(

Last Edited:
I'm planning on it If we don't make any progress with eliminating or suppressing 114 and Tina. I'm giving Oregon and measure 114 a year before I start making plans. I just can't leave without my suppressors tho unless there is a way that my local FFL can transfer them out-of-state to another FFL?

I'm born and raised here in Oregon and I am sad to leave it behind. :(
Had to do the same with Jersey and same type of crazap here so eaisier to take me out of the equation and watch from afar .

Mine says otherwise, so who knows.
I'm not sure Umpqua Survival is up to speed on a few things. I have an email into OSP to clarify, but I'm guessing it'll be a while longer before I get a reply. Hopefully it'll be the correct answer of "we don't need to do a bgc if the fbi just did one" and I can take that in to show them.

I'm not sure Umpqua Survival is up to speed on a few things. I have an email into OSP to clarify, but I'm guessing it'll be a while longer before I get a reply. Hopefully it'll be the correct answer of "we don't need to do a bgc if the fbi just did one" and I can take that in to show them.
I've gotten differing opinions on the OSP BGC for suppressors on approved tax stamps in Oregon. I'm just going not to have to abandon my can I've been waiting on since March.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top