JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been waiting for a couple of suppressors for a few months now and I know I'll be waiting for a handful more months, way past the start of 114. I'm just curious as to what will happen to my suppressor(s) if my local gun shop closes down due to these gun-grabbing politicians.:( Secondly, let us just say that said gun shop holds out until I can pick up my suppressor, don't you need to fill out an ATF 4473 form with "No NICS"? This technically means it's a firearm transfer without a background check, correct me if I am wrong. If this is true, then wouldn't I need to get a permit to pick up my suppressor since it's considered a firearm transfer in the politician's eyes?

"These Politicians are Demons on a mission!"

Your worst fears are coming true; to get your cans after 12/8/22, you will need to wait 6+ mo's until a class is available, pay another fee, wait again until your turn in the cue comes along (unless your FFL will release after 3d) and be on state registered publicly searchable database with your name and home address present for all to see. This is the type untenable situation Boston faced in 1775/1776.

All the FFLs I have talked to have said that suppressors won't be affected. But no one knows for sure yet.

Your worst fears are coming true; to get your cans after 12/8/22, you will need to wait 6+ mo's until a class is available, pay another fee, wait again until your turn in the cue comes along (unless your FFL will release after 3d) and be on state registered publicly searchable database with your name and home address present for all to see. This is the type untenable situation Boston faced in 1775/1776.
When's the Party?

Joe

Not really sure why people are worried about suppressors.......114 has nothing to do with FEDERAL NFA laws.

Not really sure why people are worried about suppressors.......114 has nothing to do with FEDERAL NFA laws.
Because some FFL's run a BCG check in you before they release the suppressor to you.

Wasn't that implied from earlier posts?

Because some FFL's run a BCG check in you before they release the suppressor to you.

Implied or not, 114 is for firearm transfers and says nothing about NFA items or otherwise. NFA has its own set of rules, and unless 114 addresses these (it does not) there should be no affect on suppressors or SBRs or any other NFA item. Of course, we will have to wait and see, but if they overreach into areas that aren't even part of 114 then I expect even more lawsuits and non-compliance.

True. But they mark box 20 and it doesn't go through OSP NICS. And a suppressor isn't a firearm.

How do they run a BGC if it doesn't go through OSP?
Cause it's been done by the ATF/federal government. Hence the approval of the tax stamp. At least that's my understanding. I may be wrong though.

Cause it's been done by the ATF/federal government. Hence the approval of the tax stamp. At least that's my understanding. I may be wrong though.
That's how I understand it too. I didn't have a BGC done for my SBR through OSP. Yes, I realize that it's not the same as a suppressor as the can is purchased from an FFL but a main reason for a stamp is so they can process their own BGC. I may be wrong though as well.

Ok then. So shy of an FFL doing things incorrectly, this pretty much answers the question.

I came across this exact webpage just before I wrote the FP. I just wanted to hear what you'll opinions were.

Ok then. So shy of an FFL doing things incorrectly, this pretty much answers the question.
Unless Oregon tries to do some shady sh!t and implement the requirement of the permit for the transfer between the SOT and the buyer after the approval…..

But if you're not going through the NICS then it's none of oregons business.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews