JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I started with Hodgdon's TopMark.. a fine spherical powder similar in performance and thrown weights to Red Dot. They stopped manufacturing it a long time ago and the cans I was given were old at the time over 35 years ago but it sure metered and burned clean! Loved the stuff.

I think it would be most accurate to say 700X for 38 Special, though in the same reloading session I also used H110 to prepare some 357 Magnum loads as well. I test fired the 38 first then the 357 loads.

ROFLMAO I started reloading when I was 11 that was 46+ years ago I haven't a clue what powder I was using. And I would assume since I was reloading 3-4 different calibers even back then I was using a number of powders.

Unique for 41 Mag. Found out later that there are better powders for the 41 Mag, but still use Unique for most of my 45 ACP stuff.
3031 for my 45-70, as far as first "rifle" powder.

Man, that was a while ago. :)

I guess if I wanted tell on myself.....Technically it was black powder I made myself. Loaded it into pistols made of galvanized pipe and shot marbles with it. :eek::eek:
Wonder I've managed to make it this far. a?:rolleyes::D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top