JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did he carry? Did he have a favorite, or did he change up as he saw fit? Curious minds want to know. Guesses are good, historical reference is better. Personally, as much as I'd like to envision him toting a 1911, realistically a Colt 1908 would better suit him.

Last Edited:
Did he carry? Did he have a favorite, or did he he change up as he saw fit? Curious minds want to know. Guesses are good, historical reference is better. Personally, as much as I'd like to envision him toting a 1911, realistically a Colt 1908 would better suit him.

Which one?

A Colt 1908 .25 ACP?
Or a Colt 1908 .380 ACP?

Personally I think he probably carried a 1903 in .32 ACP. :s0155:

Did he carry? Did he have a favorite, or did he he change up as he saw fit? Curious minds want to know. Guesses are good, historical reference is better. Personally, as much as I'd like to envision him toting a 1911, realistically a Colt 1908 would better suit him.
He preferred a Kel-Tec because of it's reliability.

Personally, I think Ol' John just saw firearms as an engineering and design issue. He was a problem solver. I'm not even certain that he had any interest outside of making a living and giving the military what they needed. Another similar example was Hiram Maxim. He was just another engineer that changed the way warring powers killed each other.
I've always been interested in our presidents and what kind of firearms they enjoyed. I remember a time when presidents were gifted some very exotic rifles and handguns by Winchester, Colt and S&W. It wouldn't be politically correct for a president to embrace firearms today, unless it was our current one.

I know what Mark Twain used. ;)

A5248C06-60C0-4837-A577-233217A2367B.jpeg

I love the Mark Twain 1903 photo. The visual image of a contemporary of JMB puts things in perspective.

I was busting clay pigeons (on a berm) with my 1903 last night and it's a great design.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top