JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Absolutely! The perspective in the picture makes them look even, but from the front it's visible. If for some reason I had something other than a US based flag where TBL normally resides I would put it in the second portion of the holder to lower it further.
Bravo Zulu, good sir! Carry on!

When I moved here I was the only one. Now almost everybody flies them ay least on holidays with a handful that fly 24x7x365 and all of those are lit as well.
Same here! When I moved into this house and subdivision 15+ years ago, I was the only one flying our nation's flag. Now, most every house puts one out on Memorial Day, Flag Day, and July 4th. Even several of the homes have a flag flying regularly like I do. Most of those that fly the flag more regularly do not illuminate them at night as I do, but I'm not going to make a huge issue of it. They're flying the Red, White, and Blue and showing some national pride, so I say, "Live and let live!"

Old Glory flies illuminated at the nammac household…

D447A64B-EE86-4122-A3E8-479CF99ACB93.jpeg

I've got the Jolly Roger flying at my house :)

Plus, picked up a 20 buck grinder off offerup. It was cheap when new but it works great. I'm sure it will be fine for my light uses.

20220703_181148.jpg 20220703_180501.jpg

Last Edited:
Day-yamn, boy! You are grabbin' back all those tools you let go! Good on ya, mate!
Just have to find an affordable circular saw and steel cutting bandsaw, I'll be a happy man.

Even getting rid of the T bucket, I want a garage that I can work in and I haven't touched it in years. I'm keeping the 64 Honda CT200 and the Honda powered 68 yamaha yg5 (the YamaHonda!), they take up little space.

Long time on the To Do list... Finally did the Patio Umbrella Lighting Project last night...

Patio lights project.jpg

As I was buying a cheap car mount for the girlfriend I realized that I'm probably not the only one here who buys random junk online more often than I should. I put my entertainment to necessity ratio at about 60/40 :s0114:

Figured there might be some entertainment in seeing what random things you guys buy online as well.

EDIT: Realized we should probably have a thread for firearm-related purchases as well.
An adapter to plug the RV into a Hubble 20Amp 4 prong… and dang if you'd know it, it doesn't fit.

We have acquired several adapters and surge protectors for our travel trailer. I was surprised that there really is no standardization of the plugs. We put all of them in a nice kit to be at the ready.
If there were standardization of plugs it would be harder to sell you new ones.

May have mentioned it elsewhere, but in addition to all the other crap I do, I run a veteran support and tribute, mobile living history group. So I'm always looking for military gear from years back. Right now I'm trying to accumulate more Vietnam era stuff. I had given this to a friend a while back and his wife recently returned it. It is a formerly Navy, SPH-3B helo helmet.

IMG_20221227_102841164.jpg

So, technically, I did not buy it online, nor recently. I actually had it from when I was with the Teams doing training. It's just recently back in my possession.

Last Edited:
I could write volumes about the internet stuff I buy, nearly daily.

The last two items...

I bought a "Grampa's Weeder". Besides all the weed-pulling gimmicks I own already, this one is the one that will make a difference.:rolleyes: Now my garden will pretty much weed itself.
716y9oA+IhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Nextliest, and of far more significance, I bought myself a brand new and very manly sewing machine. Our last one had more bells and whistles than I could count. And it was a beotch to operate. One pass, and it might sew wonderfully. The next pass, and I could have a wadded up birds nest on the back side of my stitch line. I always thought that I had it figured out, until it would fail again for no known reason. Enough fanfare. I bought a brand new heavy duty beginners level sewing machine, so I can resume fixing my own jeans without swearing. Boy this machine works nice.😍
Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 09-31-29 Amazon.com SINGER 4411 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine With Access...png

I bought a Bolton CQ9332 China lathe.Ive got some refurb work to do on my 81 years OLD Hendey 14X30 . The half nuts need replacing , rebuilding, something done to them and the China lathe will tide me over for a while and pull some light duty otherwise. This things bigger than it looks. 600 lbs. About 1/5th the size of the Hendey though.

_cq9332.1111111111111111_1_1.jpg

I picked up a Ninja Speedi from Costco. More of a multi cooker than a dedicated air fryer, but it makes the crispiest air fried chicken wings I've had! Dredge them in seasoned flour, set the steam and crisp setting to 12 minutes and let it go. Steams them a bit first to moisten the flour and then air fries to crisp them up. Supposedly it'll cook a full meal in 15 minutes too but I've been to busy eating wings to try it. 🤣

IMG_0433.jpeg

"Mr. Around Town Brown" (the UPS delivery person) left an AKC Xtreme Ace Automatic Knife at my door. For $69.95 it is a great value for the money spent! This "click therapy" folder has a 3.6" satin AUS-8 (Hitachi steel) single-edge dagger (spear-point) blade with a black aircraft aluminum handle.

In 'two shakes of a Lamb's Tail", I whipped a nice razor-sharp edge onto it and dropped it into my sports jacket pocket. There it rides until I call upon it for tasks that are too big for the Case Peanut to handle. I love this knife!

Life is good.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads