JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know if this is "random non-firearm junk" I bought online or if it should go in the "What did you do today to prep?" thread...

Since I bought the replacement parts online, I figure it can go here.
But it also counts as prep to me, since this is my primary method of cooking...

I finally replaced the burners, flame shields, gas carry-over tubes, and igniter in my grill.
The offending parts, removed:

View attachment 1147554

The replacement parts, installed:

View attachment 1147555

Ready to rock-n-roll for tonight, when I'm gonna to throw a slab of bovine goodness on it.
Look for updates in the "What's on the Grill Tonight?" thread later this evening! :D
I did this exact thing to our Weber last summer. I scrubbed it up at the same time and it was like having a brand new barbeque without spending $800!
We received ours used 5-ish years ago. When these pieces were wearing out I thought I'd treat myself to a new one. After I saw how much a good quality (sturdy) barbeque was, I didn't have a problem spending the money to fix the one I had. :s0155:

I did this exact thing to our Weber last summer. I scrubbed it up at the same time and it was like having a brand new barbeque without spending $800!
We received ours used 5-ish years ago. When these pieces were wearing out I thought I'd treat myself to a new one. After I saw how much a good quality (sturdy) barbeque was, I didn't have a problem spending the money to fix the one I had. :s0155:
I went through the same mental gymnastics. I bought this grill in the summer of 2015 and use it 2-3 times/week on average, even through the winter.
As stated above, grilling is my primary means of cooking around Maison Sobo. It started to wear out and I didn't feel like dumping a king's ransom on a new grill. Then, on a lark, I looked online and found the exact fit replacement parts. So, for $45 and a 2-week wait, I was able to refurbish it to like-new operating condition. And while I had the old parts out, I gave it a good scrubbin' and scrapin' with a putty knife and cleaned it all out with my Shop-Vac.
It's like new!

016E0D32-D50F-4A0A-926A-98084D01F187.png
BD2DFF6E-795F-4505-9F27-E0ACE2156165.png
Well, with fuel doing what it's doing I decided to get some actual riding gear. I've generally been a fair weather and never had any proper ridding gear but not now. My commuter is a two year old diesel Ford truck and fuel jumped over $1/gallon in less than 48 hours. Looking for a cheap sh!tvbox to drive but not wanting to take a chance on reliability. So, looks like the Harley may finally turn over 20k on the ODO this year. Now, how the heck do I listen to my talk shows on the way to work? Any recommendations for in helmet Bluetooth gear? I've got a 35 minute commute and sure would like something.

View attachment 1149428
View attachment 1149429
Well, with fuel doing what it's doing I decided to get some actual riding gear. I've generally been a fair weather and never had any proper ridding gear but not now. My commuter is a two year old diesel Ford truck and fuel jumped over $1/gallon in less than 48 hours. Looking for a cheap sh!tvbox to drive but not wanting to take a chance on reliability. So, looks like the Harley may finally turn over 20k on the ODO this year. Now, how the heck do I listen to my talk shows on the way to work? Any recommendations for in helmet Bluetooth gear? I've got a 35 minute commute and sure would like something.
Dang, the pants are for skinny people, LOL. Won't be riding tomorrow. I love the jacket and it's definitely a keeper but will be returning the pants. Any recommendations for cold/wet weather pants for a tall/fat guy?

Dang, the pants are for skinny people, LOL. Won't be riding tomorrow. I love the jacket and it's definitely a keeper but will be returning the pants. Any recommendations for cold/wet weather pants for a tall/fat guy?
The only way to go if you are going to ride all 4-seasons is Aerostich. I personally run the Darian pants, they will custom tailor if needed. I have nothing but great things to say about all my dealings with Aerostich. There is a reason a lot of law enforcement motorcycle units run their gear. I commuted for 2-years straight in everything except snow in my Dariens and never once had any water intrusion. When the temperature got low I was able to layer fleece pants under them. The ability to zip in and out of them is awesome. I could have my work pants on underneath and zip out when I got to work and not have to deal with getting changed into work clothes and then change back when I left.

I could go on and on about protection, convenience, etc....

It was quite the ordeal getting that from Connecticut and into my garage. Just about on the limit of how big is big enough.
They are like safes. When you buy one get bigger if you can. If you buy smaller sooner or later you wish you have more. :D
Now that should serve you VERY well. One of these days I would dearly love to have a nice Mill and Lathe to play with again.

The last non firearms purchase I made was a nespresso machine. Paid for itself so far, wife isn't paying 20$ a day for Starbucks anymore.

Firearms related purchase would be 500 rounds of Ak food I bought yesterday.

The last non firearms purchase I made was a nespresso machine. Paid for itself so far, wife isn't paying 20$ a day for Starbucks anymore.

Firearms related purchase would be 500 rounds of Ak food I bought yesterday.
Until you mentioned this I had not thought of that (coffee stand coffee) and making a good barometer of how we are doing. Wife mentioned the other day how every corner seemed to have a coffee place, seems to be a line at all times. I guess if people stop paying that price for a damn cup? Maybe we will know we are in trouble? :D

A Nixon bumper sticker, just for the heck of it.

After I bought it I read how all profits are going to the National Center for Transgender Equality.

The world is a funny bubblegum place these days.

20220407_085422.jpg 20220407_092753.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top