JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An oldy but a goody Cannondale bike. 2 owners and both kept it well maintained. About 1/10 the original price and about 1/50 the current price of their top of the line mountain bike. I bought and still have the first iteration of their full suspension bike in 92' and this is the bike that replaced it a few years later.

They were still made in Colorado at that time but I don't know about now. I remember back in the day they made a big deal about the front crankset being one CNC piece. They were cnc mad for everything in those days. It's actually better to not have that imo but it's an interesting representation of the technology of the time. Using carbon fiber was pretty new then also as I recall but can't really remember. Can't believe everything still original even the brake pads.

F9B5DB72-49C6-4542-A4E6-E6E40151F9FE.jpeg 16FC9FB3-175C-4792-95E5-9B8FF691065A.jpeg

A week ago I bought a Traeger grill. Even though I bought it at Ace Hardware, it took a week to get it.

But now, all the online ordering of all the accessories. I bought some grease tray liners and some grease bucket liners. Boy oh boy, this Traeger stuff gets expensive fast!

And today in the mail I received a knock box. What's a knock box?
Well, I bought some refillable K-Pods for my Keurig. They aren't so easy to get the grounds out. So of course, Amazon sells a product for pretty much everything. A knock box is like a tall ash tray with a bar going across. You beat your espresso grounds cup, or a refillable K-Pod on this, and the grounds fall out rather easy, and the grounds are contained in the simple contraption.:)
61s7xrh-mdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last Edited:
A week ago I bought a Traeger grill. Even though I bought it at Ace Hardware, it took a week to get it.

But now, all the online ordering of all the accessories. I bought some grease tray liners and some grease bucket liners. Boy oh boy, this Traeger stuff gets expensive fast!

And today in the mail I received a knock box. What's a knock box?
Well, I bought some refillable K-Pods for my Keurig. They aren't so easy to get the grounds out. So of course, Amazon sells a product for pretty much everything. A knock box is like a tall ash tray with a bar going across. You beat your espresso grounds cup, or a refillable K-Pod on this, and the grounds fall out rather easy, and the grounds are contained in the simple contraption.:)
View attachment 1450217

I use the refillable K Cups as well. My grounds go down the sink and have never been an issue, but with that I could at least dump my grounds in the flower beds

I use the refillable K Cups as well. My grounds go down the sink and have never been an issue, but with that I could at least dump my grounds in the flower beds
I was a pipefitter/plumber for many years. In addition to all my industrial tasks, we also maintained all the domestic facilities in our plant. When the office gals would complain their kitchen sinks were plugged up, when we disassembled them, it was nearly always coffee grounds that were the culprit. They sink to the bottom of the P-trap and near-horizontal drain piping, form a very effective dam, and there was no way externally to push this plug through the drain. Lesson learned for me. I never push quantities of coffee grounds down the sink. The little bit of coffee residue that I have no choice but to put down the drain, as when rinsing these reusable cups, is accompanied by industrial quantities of water.

An oldy but a goody Cannondale bike. 2 owners and both kept it well maintained. About 1/10 the original price and about 1/50 the current price of their top of the line mountain bike. I bought and still have the first iteration of their full suspension bike in 92' and this is the bike that replaced it a few years later.

They were still made in Colorado at that time but I don't know about now. I remember back in the day they made a big deal about the front crankset being one CNC piece. They were cnc mad for everything in those days. It's actually better to not have that imo but it's an interesting representation of the technology of the time. Using carbon fiber was pretty new then also as I recall but can't really remember. Can't believe everything still original even the brake pads.

View attachment 1450164 View attachment 1450165
This might interest you.

Bought a set of 105# dumbbells from Walmart... but only 1 got delivered. Hoping the second one gets delivered in a couple days because seriously, finding anything physically in stock over 70# is near impossible and what in the heck am I supposed to do with 1 dumbbell?? (Rhetorical question, I just want what I paid for)

Had not seen a Jerry Can in a LONG time. Due to the powder keg in oil country decided to get a couple more cans. Ran into these at Wally, only on line. Seemed too cheap. So ordered 2 figuring if they get here and they were junk just take them to one of the local Wallys an give them back. Was quite surprised how nice they were for the price. NOT nearly as heavy duty as the one's I used to have decades back but sure look like they will work fine when I played with them a little. So promptly ordered 2 more. Just under $83 a pair to my door.

Jerry Can.png

Speaking of gas cans I was at one of those bin stores where they throw amazon and other returned crap into bins and sell everything for 4 bucks no matter what it is. Oddball stuff in there sometimes. Mostly crap. Picked up a box full of old style gas can nozzles. I thoroughly hate modern govt mandated can nozzles and non venting cans.

Had not seen a Jerry Can in a LONG time. Due to the powder keg in oil country decided to get a couple more cans. Ran into these at Wally, only on line. Seemed too cheap. So ordered 2 figuring if they get here and they were junk just take them to one of the local Wallys an give them back. Was quite surprised how nice they were for the price. NOT nearly as heavy duty as the one's I used to have decades back but sure look like they will work fine when I played with them a little. So promptly ordered 2 more. Just under $83 a pair to my door.

View attachment 1745742
I have some of the Wavian brand ones, they don't come with the fill neck. Do the ones you purchased each come with one?

I have some of the Wavian brand ones, they don't come with the fill neck. Do the ones you purchased each come with one?
Yes that was part of what made me leery of these. That the price was for two and two fill spouts. I kept thinking I was going to get one can and one spout or no spouts. They came with two cans and two spouts that are all metal. I originally was looking for a couple more of the Eagle brand I have. The price had gone up a lot and that got me looking and stumbled on these. I like the Jerry Can style better as they are so much easier to store.

Yes that was part of what made me leery of these. That the price was for two and two fill spouts. I kept thinking I was going to get one can and one spout or no spouts. They came with two cans and two spouts that are all metal. I originally was looking for a couple more of the Eagle brand I have. The price had gone up a lot and that got me looking and stumbled on these. I like the Jerry Can style better as they are so much easier to store.
CAREFUL Alexx! I had gifted a buddy a knock off NATO Jerrycan full of non-ethanol gas. He left it in his garage at his beach house. Next time down, he found that it had leaked all 5 gallons of the gas out, but had not, for some strange reason, ignited. The garage smelled like gas for quite some time and he was an unhappy camper. Cheap Chinese crap, but it had looked fine when it arrived.

Turned out, a can that is not leaking can start to leak at any time due to the normal expansion and contraction the can sees due to weather. At that time I had 4 cans total which I immediately retired and replaced with quality Wavien cans. Before I could toss the old trash out that I never should have bought, the paint was flaking off and they were rusting. The Waviens, on the other hand, have held up excellently. Classic buy once, cry once product.

Edit- this was back almost 10 years, in no way am I saying that your Walmart cans are the same brand and I have no personal knowledge of those. Just suggesting that folks be careful so you don't burn your house down. Hopefully yours are GTG. I don't know where I got my cheapos, but it was a big mistake. The Waviens came from Atlantic British and are still looking great.

Last Edited:
CAREFUL Alexx! I had gifted a buddy a knock off NATO Jerrycan full of non-ethanol gas. He left it in his garage at his beach house. Next time down, he found that it had leaked all 5 gallons of the gas out, but had not, for some strange reason, ignited. The garage smelled like gas for quite some time and he was an unhappy camper. Cheap Chinese crap, but it had looked fine when it arrived.

Turned out, a can that is not leaking can start to leak at any time due to the normal expansion and contraction the can sees due to weather. At that time I had 4 cans total which I immediately retired and replaced with quality Wavien cans. Before I could toss the old trash out that I never should have bought, the paint was flaking off and they were rusting. The Waviens, on the other hand, have held up excellently. Classic buy once, cry once product.

Edit- this was back almost 10 years, in no way am I saying that your Walmart cans are the same brand and I have no personal knowledge of those. Just suggesting that folks be careful so you don't burn your house down. Hopefully yours are GTG. I don't know where I got my cheapos, but it was a big mistake. The Waviens came from Atlantic British and are still looking great.
I never store any gasoline nor highly volatile stuff (acetone, methanol etc) in the garage.

Kerosene? Yah. Would also be fine storing diesel in the garage, if we had a need. Due to there respectively higher flash points compared with gasoline & other volatiles.

I may come to find that these were a poor deal only time will tell of course. I NEVER store gas or Propane in the home for easy to see reasons. The propane and the gas I store is left outside. Cans sit inside large plastic totes to keep them from the weather. When I first saw these and was worried I was "missing something" in the ad I looked at the reviews to see if they were actually a set. They were and one negative said he left one in his garage and the heat did a number on it. Can did not break but it swelled to the point it did not want to stand up any more. They are rated to hold 5 Gallons 5 oz. So I will fill each with 5 and "hope" the air left at the top will allow expansion next summer. Next time it gets warm here will have to watch them and I sure would not mount one of these to the back of my Jeep like used to be common. Even years ago when this was common I used to look at that and think it seemed like a risky thing to do since if someone slammed into you from behind that gas would go everywhere.
In any case if next summer these things fail it will be a lesson learned and will buy something better. Believe me I am NOT promoting Wally here. I buy a lot of stuff from Harbor Freight too but, I keep realistic expectations from the stuff I buy from them. :D

I never store any gasoline nor highly volatile stuff (acetone, methanol etc) in the garage.

Kerosene? Yah. Would also be fine storing diesel in the garage, if we had a need. Due to there respectively higher flash points compared with gasoline & other volatiles.
YEP! No bottled gas or liquid gas in my basement or garage here. Do have an old tank in the basement half full of #1 Diesel. Place used to have oil heat. That does not bother me as the stuff is so hard to ignite. Every winter we have some fires outside. Keep meaning to pump a little of that old stuff out to help get the fire going since I have no other use for it.

YEP! No bottled gas or liquid gas in my basement or garage here. Do have an old tank in the basement half full of #1 Diesel. Place used to have oil heat. That does not bother me as the stuff is so hard to ignite. Every winter we have some fires outside. Keep meaning to pump a little of that old stuff out to help get the fire going since I have no other use for it.
Maybe you can find an acquaintance with farm equipment or yard trucks & they could use it?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top