JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe you can find an acquaintance with farm equipment or yard trucks & they could use it?
I had tried to get the place we work for here to just use it in their equipment. I told them all this is, is #1 Diesel with no road tax added to it. Far as I know the stuff does not "go bad" like gas. The people in charge looked at me like I did not know what I was talking about so I gave up. :s0092:

I had tried to get the place we work for here to just use it in their equipment. I told them all this is, is #1 Diesel with no road tax added to it. Far as I know the stuff does not "go bad" like gas. The people in charge looked at me like I did not know what I was talking about so I gave up. :s0092:
That's too bad. Don't know too much about diesel, but like yourself recall its reasonably stable.

A $30 egg full of little plastic dinos for a friend who's a Jurassic Park collector that I owe a favor and wanted it.
Three tries with that bloody nuisance and three times Amazon shipped the wrong item. Now trying a seller who maintains their own inventory rather than "Fulfilled by Amazon.

The saltmine runs deep on this one...

Three tries with that bloody nuisance and three times Amazon shipped the wrong item. Now trying a seller who maintains their own inventory rather than "Fulfilled by Amazon.

The saltmine runs deep on this one...
Don't get us started on amazon! They have almost single-handedly ruined retail in America.

Got tired of looking at our nasty looking furniture in the living room. It was new when we bought our house but of low quality and pretty "weathered". So, for my wife's early bday present we bought a matching set of nice leather couch and loveseat with consoles.

Stopped in at Goodwill today, looking for an obscure kitchen gadget.
Saw what looks like a Stickley rocker, brought it home.

IMG_20231124_213355379.jpg

I bought a little over 40 gallons of gas so my grandson and I could come home from Millican Plateau!
We went over yesterday to ride dirtbikes.

edit; Then much later I realized that I did not purchase my gasoline online....:oops:

Last Edited:
I bought a little over 40 gallons of gas so my grandson and I could come home from Millican Plateau!
We went over yesterday to ride dirtbikes.
Oh wow, I'm so jealous! When I was in my 20's I'd drive over there from Salem after work just to get a couple hours riding in before it got too dark. My favorite place by far! I'm very glad you get to spend time with your grandson doing something so fun. Good work!

Oh wow, I'm so jealous! When I was in my 20's I'd drive over there from Salem after work just to get a couple hours riding in before it got too dark. My favorite place by far! I'm very glad you get to spend time with your grandson doing something so fun. Good work!
It's our favorite place to ride! I beat feet home tonite (motorhome, enclosed trailer) and with the stop for gas and one for food, it's a little over four hours one way. I sure wish it was closer. The cold pretty much chased us home. It was 15 degrees this morning! Tomorrow we will ride LaDee Flat, which is close to home and fun, too.

Bought a set of these as well as a 6" A arm lift for the family gas powered golf cart. Gotta do yard work and ride to the river in style. Plus, should work great if I can find a couple good sage rat fields too, fold the windshield down and go to town. Will post before and after pics.
F6843C69-64C2-4230-8A49-76712682C4CB.png

Wife and I snagged a 2023 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad. Decided that the 2024 (4 cylinder with turbo) wasn't what we wanted. The 2016-2023 V6 3.5L engines were getting amazing long life with 200,000 plus miles being common on the early versions. We did the Costco auto program, loved doing it that way. Plan on having this for 20 years if gas is a thing. Otherwise, the wife's Tesla can tow the truck and if we want to haul a fridge, we'll put the fridge in the truck and tow the truck with the EV. LOL (maybe)

It's capable as my brother already has trailer towed 4700 + lbs multiple times to the dump (2500 rating max) with his Tesla Y.

Last Edited:
I'm buying all the games I wanted as a kid, so here's Doki Doki Panic for my Japanese Famicom.

View attachment 1769223
What is your list of games? I remember Monopoly, Yahtzee, Risk, and Cooties.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Side note: "Cooties" was what the women of the VFW auxiliaries called themselves who's men had served in overseas in WW1. I once asked one of them, a kindly woman named Edna who volunteered at the VA Hospital:

"Edna, what's a Cootie"?

She looked at me strangely for some time and finally said in a patient voice: "Why dear", (as if talking to a retard or a dog), "Cooties are Lice".

Stunned, as I'd played the game cooties before but did not know this: "Edna, why in the heck do you all call yourselves "Cooties?""

"Why dear", she responded with a smile and still talking slow as if to an idiot: "We're like Cooties in that we attach ourselves to our men and we stay attached". We both broke out in laughter..........Good women for sure. I miss those types as sadly they're all gone now when we really need them.

Wife and I snagged a 2023 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad. Decided that the 2024 (4 cylinder with turbo) wasn't what we wanted. The 2016-2023 V6 3.5L engines were getting amazing long life with 200,000 plus miles being common on the early versions. We did the Costco auto program, loved doing it that way. Plan on having this for 20 years if gas is a thing. Otherwise, the wife's Tesla can tow the truck and if we want to haul a fridge, we'll put the fridge in the truck and tow the truck with the EV. LOL (maybe)

It's capable as my brother already has trailer towed 4700 + lbs multiple times to the dump (2500 rating max) with his Tesla Y.
I'd bet that the Tezla has stellar range towing, maybe a couple days from Lincoln City to LaGrande?!?

I'd bet that the Tezla has stellar range towing, maybe a couple days from Lincoln City to LaGrande?!?
The charge time for Tesla's is remarkably short as long as you are doing the lower end to 80 percent charge or less. Wife and I went to Boise and back to PDX recently. Cost for electricity was just under $40 total for both ways/entire trip using Tesla chargers, and they tend to be situated where I want to use the restroom anyway. We put just under 1000 miles on it. So Tesla Supercharger in Boardman for 13 min, Baker City for 20 -mostly to get some McDonalds which is right there, then Boise. Slightly more time for sure, but to me it doesn't feel much different than filling up at a gas station. The Tacoma would have been over $200 in gas for the same trip. Less now as gas is coming down in price a tad.

Teslas charge up to 250KWH (Kilowatt hours) at a Tesla supercharger. By comparison, if you have a Chevy Bolt their charge times are atrocious as they max out at 50KWH. The newer Ford Lightning still only gets 150kwh.

My brother tows trash and yard debris to the dump with his model Y. He's towed up to 4700 lbs. Max recommended by Elon is 3500 lbs. It does OK. Get's a lot of comments at the Tillamook transfer station as it's an uncommon sight. I suspect he'll be trying to borrow the truck now.

Sounds great for someone with t a certain lifestyle. We need a diesel tow rig for all the kids and stuff, maybe cost a bit more to fuel but has far greater range. Plus, retains resale value as no large battery to replace and "recycle". Now, I've considered buying an electric car as I commute but the payoff was far too long, on paper and at least in my part would be only for a statement and not savings. If electric cars ever become mainstream and affordable I'll look into it again.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top