JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many hate them but we have found this is another place Amazon shines. Dog coats seem to have no rhyme or reason for size no matter what they say. So when we need more we buy a few and the ones that don't fit are simple to send back .
Agree with this. The first of two arrived. Was supposed to be for dachshunds, ordered according to their measurements. About 4 inches to long and puts my little guys junk under a velcro wrap.

Didn't buy it today but my son helped me install the 6" lift, wheels, and tires. This is our utv around the property as well as the beer getter up at camp. Still have to put the front bumper and rear seat back on. ABF33BF3-9D4B-44E8-B37C-18BD4B27DCA7.jpeg
3B6861FF-5EA0-4932-8B2D-94CCAF796AC7.jpeg
2D1B49E6-8292-4695-A647-E9CDAEFCEAC9.jpeg

Parts, paints and supplies to square an old favor with a buddy. He wants a model of a Convair B-36 bomber for his wargaming tabletop, he wants a Manhattan Project level effort to deliver and he wants his Magnesium Overcast ready to rain ruin upon his enemies ASAP.

So my media server puked and died... I'm pretty PO'd (Not really) since it only ran for 9 years continuously :) . Turns out the motherboard gave it up and took out the PSU with it. I learned that when I hooked up the replacement PSU and immediately lost the second 12V rail. So have a big pile of parts delivered and installed with a few more including another PSU on the way.

Yeah, I could have bought a used system on CL or FB market place for a fraction of the money, though most parts aren't exactly cutting edge as I'm not exactly using it for gaming or BTC mining. This particular system sits in a 19" rack along with other audio goodies just because that's how I roll.

AMD Ryzen 7950x3d. I would have went with the top end Intel chip but it sucks tons of power so runs hotter, and I don't want a bunch of loud fans in my komputer. Ordering memory and storage tomorrow.

if anyone has a use for the old guts of the system (mini itx board, intel i7-7700K, 32gb ram) they are free. Or free with a few bones thrown for shipping.

Last Edited:
AMD Ryzen 7950x3d. I would have went with the top end Intel chip but it sucks tons of power so runs hotter, and I don't want a bunch of loud fans in my komputer. Ordering memory and storage tomorrow.

if anyone has a use for the old guts of the system (mini itx board, intel i7-7700K, 32gb ram) they are free. Or free with a few bones thrown for shipping.
Way too much money and power for my purposes! Went with a 60W 12th gen i3. Because it sits in a 2U rack case at the top of a stack of audio equipment keeping it cool is more important than power I don't need. Stuck a Grizzly LGA 1700 Thermal Frame to prevent warping due to the s4177y single lever on those boards and a low profile dead silent Noctua NH-12 Ghost S1 fan that tucks nicely into the 2U chassis, natch a pair of Noctua PWM case fans as well. I spent more on cooling than I did either the CPU or motherboard.

Now, my NVR/Home Automation/Security server is a different beastie all together. Again not gaming or BTC mining, but have capacity for as many cameras and applications/virtual computing environments as I want. Lots of that stuff uses AI to prevent false positives or to predict actions. Even sits on a dual 10G network isolating the security side from any Internet access (yes, VLANS can be compromised).

Way too much money and power for my purposes! Went with a 60W 12th gen i3. Because it sits in a 2U rack case at the top of a stack of audio equipment keeping it cool is more important than power I don't need. Stuck a Grizzly LGA 1700 Thermal Frame to prevent warping due to the s4177y single lever on those boards and a low profile dead silent Noctua NH-12 Ghost S1 fan that tucks nicely into the 2U chassis, natch a pair of Noctua PWM case fans as well. I spent more on cooling than I did either the CPU or motherboard.).
Sounds like we have thought through some of the same issues, though fitting into a 2u case is a level or two beyond my goal of best performance in a mini itx with good but kinda quiet cooling. I'm updating an audio workstation, and I don't want to do it again in the next five years. I was waiting for pcie gen 5 m2 slots to be available on a mini itx board. Fast storage is a big deal for my application.

Sounds like we have thought through some of the same issues, though fitting into a 2u case is a level or two beyond my goal of best performance in a mini itx with good but kinda quiet cooling. I'm updating an audio workstation, and I don't want to do it again in the next five years. I was waiting for pcie gen 5 m2 slots to be available on a mini itx board. Fast storage is a big deal for my application.
Interesting - I'd be curious about the details. Audio typically overcomes latency issues with buffering. I'd be more concerned with noise generated by the switching PSU's used by computers. For playback I resolve both with an outboard SPDIF converter that connects VIA USB. It has internal buffering that eliminates jitter and I use the optical interface to my DAC to provide electrical isolation from the PSU.

The 2U form factor is a decent compromise for my purposes as every design consideration for just about everything involves some sort of compromise. If you ever go there the Noctua model I mentioned is by far the best CPU cooler for a 2U build that I have come across.

My guess is that you are recording, then mixing and editing. I could see where multiple tracks along with some video could be very CPU intensive. I'd consider mATX for more expansion slots and features unless ITX is a requirement for your case. I like ITX if I know I won't need the slots (like my media server) because it gives me more room to neatly route cables and I'm kinda anal about cable management.

Interesting - I'd be curious about the details. Audio typically overcomes latency issues with buffering. I'd be more concerned with noise generated by the switching PSU's used by computers. For playback I resolve both with an outboard SPDIF converter that connects VIA USB. It has internal buffering that eliminates jitter and I use the optical interface to my DAC to provide electrical isolation from the PSU.

The 2U form factor is a decent compromise for my purposes as every design consideration for just about everything involves some sort of compromise. If you ever go there the Noctua model I mentioned is by far the best CPU cooler for a 2U build that I have come across.

My guess is that you are recording, then mixing and editing. I could see where multiple tracks along with some video could be very CPU intensive. I'd consider mATX for more expansion slots and features unless ITX is a requirement for your case. I like ITX if I know I won't need the slots (like my media server) because it gives me more room to neatly route cables and I'm kinda anal about cable management.
I don't seem to have issues with noise. Or any big issues with latency. Audio goes in and out through a fancy lad USB interface with about the best AD/DA convertors you can find.

A Noctus cooler is part of the new build. there is a slightly different Noctua coming out of the box with the olkd guts.

Multiple audio tracks don't slow things down so much. the thing I am trying to optimize is loadiing sampled instruments. I might be loading several sample sets at once, and some of them are 10+ GB by themselves.

I am going mini ITX because I don't need a bunch of extra slots, reduced power requirements with the smaller board, and i have a really nice mini itx case. I also have mATX and ATX cases but I like tiny. Probably should get rid of the extra cases.

I buy a lot of bulk food plus make sausage, smoked cheese etc. Burned up my Foodsaver the other day and
decided to go with a chamber vac. $50 off all their sealers until the 29th.
Avid Armor

View attachment 1830473
I've gone through a couple of Food Savers. They are pretty weak. Does the vacuum chamber use the same rolls for making bags, or does it have it's own packages?

I've gone through a couple of Food Savers. They are pretty weak. Does the vacuum chamber use the same rolls for making bags, or does it have it's own packages?
No, you can use the textured Foodsaver type bags and rolls but chamber sealer bags are a LOT cheaper. I bought 500 quart 8x10 bags from Vacuum Sealers Unlimited for $31. Doing a quick look, the Foodsaver type bags are at least 2-3 times that price and Foodsaver brand are just stupid expensive! I haven't looked at rolls because the bags are so much cheaper that I don't think I'll bother with them. All of the yrs I used FS's, I bought rolls because I was too cheap to buy the bags. :D

The only time you need textured bags is if you have something too big to fit in the chamber. How To Vacuum Seal Externally

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top