JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I buy a lot of bulk food plus make sausage, smoked cheese etc. Burned up my Foodsaver the other day and
decided to go with a chamber vac. $50 off all their sealers until the 29th.
Avid Armor

View attachment 1830473
I'm totally new to this Foodsaver/chamber vacuum sealer thing. Does this thing work for perishable foods? Or do such foods still require freezing/refrigeration?
Are the chamber vacuum sealers just providing better protection against oxygen intrusion than Foodsaver? Is that the main draw towards having one? TIA.

$350 seems like a lot to invest in this machine for a single guy like me that rarely produces leftovers that last more than a week...

I'm totally new to this Foodsaver/chamber vacuum sealer thing. Does this thing work for perishable foods? Or do such foods still require freezing/refrigeration?
Are the chamber vacuum sealers just providing better protection against oxygen intrusion than Foodsaver? Is that the main draw towards having one? TIA.

$350 seems like a lot to invest in this machine for a single guy like me that rarely produces leftovers that last more than a week...
You still have to freeze everything. I think they do a better job than a Foodsaver and are more reliable, plus faster to use. With the bags being so cheap compared to, it'll pay for itself over time if you use it a lot. If you wouldn't be using it a lot a Foodsaver will do fine for you.

You still have to freeze everything. I think they do a better job than a Foodsaver and are more reliable, plus faster to use. With the bags being so cheap compared to, it'll pay for itself over time if you use it a lot. If you wouldn't be using it a lot a Foodsaver will do fine for you.
Thanks for the info, NW! Much obliged... :s0155:

Trolling plate for my boat, got the one that folds if I forget to pull it up before hitting the throttle. Went on easy, I left work early to install it but was done within 15 minutes, that leaves an extra 3 1/2 hours for beer thirty! We'll see how it works tomorrow out in the lake, the boat idles at close to 4mph, hoping to slow it down to 1mph or slightly less at idle.

A 1944 WW2 M2 pocket transit/compass made by Wm. Ainsworth & Sons in Denver, Colorado.....for $20!!!!!

The compass is in almost unissued condition and as a bonus still has the original felt lined M-19 carrying case (worth $20+ just by itself). Cool piece of WW2 hardware and another addition to my compass collection.

20240316_073917.jpg 20240316_073933.jpg 20240316_074021.jpg 20240316_074124.jpg

A 1944 WW2 M2 pocket transit/compass made by Wm. Ainsworth & Sons in Denver, Colorado.....for $20!!!!!

The compass is in almost unissued condition and as a bonus still has the original felt lined M-19 carrying case (worth $20+ just by itself). Cool piece of WW2 hardware and another addition to my compass collection.

View attachment 1844427 View attachment 1844428 View attachment 1844429 View attachment 1844430

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top