JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yah.

Plus you'll be picking your lines with far better care, compared with folks whom figure they have more protection. Folks whom learn to pick better lines learn limitations. Super handy for folks whom will head out off highway single vehicle.

The old adage "how to recover a solo stuck vehicle?" Applies. DON'T GET STUCK! :D

Sure - have skills & gear (we do). Take courses if you can (we have). Haven't been stuck, and not trying to tempt fate by mentioning such either...:oops:
I learned to "off-road" as a teen taking old beater cars up in the mountains with my buddies and going full Dukes of Hazzard with them. It's amazing how deep in the woods you can get with a `72 Pinto with studded snow tires on the back. I also learned that a Pinto is WAY more nose-heavy than the General Lee and does not soar gracefully through the air. :eek:

I bought new LED light for my desk and it has a pad on that I can charge my IPhone. Excuse the mess since I use my hobby room desk for my work from home desk.

7BDA90ED-CE04-4AF1-AA67-CD04991AD573.jpeg

Last Edited:
Needed a decent set of screwdrivers without spending a ton, and HD has these on sale. Hopefully these are of the same quality as my Milwaukie power tools.

Needed a decent set of screwdrivers without spending a ton, and HD has these on sale. Hopefully these are of the same quality as my Milwaukie power tools.

I got tool sticker shock last week when I stopped at the local ACE hardware store for some allen wrenches and pliers. I don't remember the last time I had to buy basic hand tools. Was not anticipating $20 for decent pliers and $20 for allen wrenches. Bit the bullet and got both since the last set lasted 30 years.

I bought my little girl her first chess set for the Christmas gift. My father taught me the game at about this age, so it is time.
The Game of Kings!
Taught myself to play in the 7th grade by reading books from the Post Library about strategy and openings, then made my own chessboard in wood shop.
By the 10th grade, I had become the undisputed champion of two different schools, and I thought of myself as quite the accomplished player.
I would even challenge the GIs on post to games out on the picnic tables outside their barracks, beating most of them.
The other enlisted types were not kind to their brethren when they got walloped by a punkass teenager...

Then the Grand Sobo introduced me to a friend of his who was a former master, Wilhelm Voegel. At 16 yoa, I fancied myself a solid match for Mssr. Voegel.
Mr. Voegel handed my azz to me handily in about 25 moves or so. Then, he agreed to teach me. He must've thought I had talent...
After his tutelage, I don't think I lost another game until I gave up the game in my mid-20s in favor or rock climbing and mountaineering.
Now, 40-odd years on, I sometimes find myself threatening to take up the game again...

View attachment 799995
I just ordered one of these antennas so I don't have to take the whip off before I go through the car wash anymore... and because It'l look cool;)

Be interesting the first time you drive it through Multnomah county and get arrested for having a visible "gun looking thingy" on display, especially one that has the extra lethal baby and cop killing red bullet.

Be interesting the first time you drive it through Multnomah county and get arrested for having a visible "gun looking thingy" on display, especially one that has the extra lethal baby and cop killing red bullet.
Well, Amazon has these too...
9F2102C1-0E10-4740-B508-2602EFB1EEB0.jpeg
It'l put you in better favor with the fuzz..
But it also might get your car lit on fire.

View attachment 799995
I just ordered one of these antennas so I don't have to take the whip off before I go through the car wash anymore... and because It'l look cool;)

Whoh, that's awesome. Unfortunately, in some of these lib cities I suspect that assh*t anti-gunnerwill snap it right off. Is it spring loaded or otherwise bobby trapped to prevent that?

2nd) On the Skilhunt flashlight, a great place to find deals on that kind of thing is Budget Light Forum. https://budgetlightforum.com/ There are multiple "deals" threads that pop up regularly. Like - https://budgetlightforum.com/node/55213 and https://budgetlightforum.com/node/60338 . Great group of flashlight fanatics. That flashlight is currently $45.99. Figure you'll pay $3 to ship it or so.

BTW, SOBO, I was hitchhiking around the country once and 3 dudes in a pickup truck picked me up on the most desolate stretch of highway found on the east slope of Colorado. Before they let me in they asked: "do you play chess". I responded: "Well a bit, but I'm not that good at it" (thinking of people like you and my brothers who kicked my behind on a regular basis).

Turned out they were all accomplished millionares on a road trip to discover their ancestors roots heading back to DC (2 were brothers). They wanted a chess partner for the 3rd person so that 2 could ride upfront and 1 could stretch out in the back. The miles disappeared fast as I round robin beat them all in turn...mutliple times. By the time we hit the east coast I was invited to stay at the brothers home in Bethesda and one dude gave me a set of car keys to a brand new VW and tried to explain how to get to the sights (air and space museum etc etc). It was a stunning trip on many levels as I got invited to some unbelievable parties. But nobody seemed to object that they never won a single game off of me. I pitched out that I was heading to NY city, thinking that maybe someone was heading, but they all wanted to stay and work. Sadly, I hitched out the highway and when I'd made it to New Jersey someone tryed to kill me by swerving their car at me, came close too. I took it as a Karma hint: sat down, got my compass out, pointed my nose west and started walking that direction, never having made it to NY.

Like you, I don't play much now, but when the internet was new back when shep was a pup, it was so cool to play Yahoo games chess online with strangers.

Last Edited:
Some goodies to color goodies.
Kinda is gun related.. Kinda not.

Attachments

• 26CAF750-8845-4265-833E-2CAFE7F344A4.jpeg
    26CAF750-8845-4265-833E-2CAFE7F344A4.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 4AA15125-2FB8-4F6E-ACC0-D293A893AB91.jpeg
    4AA15125-2FB8-4F6E-ACC0-D293A893AB91.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 51
  • C02EA2F4-1329-43F9-BBEC-1130BEEE3A6E.jpeg
    C02EA2F4-1329-43F9-BBEC-1130BEEE3A6E.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 47
  • DB164975-F66B-498F-AFDF-50FC25F090C7.jpeg
    DB164975-F66B-498F-AFDF-50FC25F090C7.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 44
  • E5CEBB08-77EE-444D-807C-B33C5C56879D.jpeg
    E5CEBB08-77EE-444D-807C-B33C5C56879D.jpeg
    476.1 KB · Views: 45
I scored these bookends from an auction last week. I wanted to put them on the fireplace mantle but the wife's not having it. She obviously doesnt watch HGTV. Sheesh. :s0033:

IMG_20210208_142526_732.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads