JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
winchestervintagesignapril2021a.jpg

Very cool. :cool:

I BBQ nearly every day. Keeps the mess out of the kitchen.

I've been watching pellet grills for quite a while. I want one. I'm getting closer. It would be easier if my existing BBQ would just give up the ghost.
I been looking at them for a while .
There expensive.
I ordered this one yesterday it's a Amazon cheap one well it was feww hundred bucks.

I need a new BBQ, mine finally gave up the ghost and quit! Between the burner rotting and now the valve frozen, its finally done!
Now, trying to decide which one to get, this last one has lasted since 2008, and got used almost daily, but the dn things have gotten super expensive lately!

In the market to replace the gas grille, the firebox has rotted away to nothing. So it's time... Keep eyeballing Traeger's, thinking pellet is the way to go, but those guys get kinda pricy right quick... And most of the knockoff's seem to be a bit thinner and not on the same level quality wise...

Decisions, decisions...

Very cool. :cool:

I BBQ nearly every day. Keeps the mess out of the kitchen.

I've been watching pellet grills for quite a while. I want one. I'm getting closer. It would be easier if my existing BBQ would just give up the ghost.

I need a new BBQ, mine finally gave up the ghost and quit! Between the burner rotting and now the valve frozen, its finally done!
Now, trying to decide which one to get, this last one has lasted since 2008, and got used almost daily, but the dn things have gotten super expensive lately!

In the market to replace the gas grille, the firebox has rotted away to nothing. So it's time... Keep eyeballing Traeger's, thinking pellet is the way to go, but those guys get kinda pricy right quick... And most of the knockoff's seem to be a bit thinner and not on the same level quality wise...

Decisions, decisions...

Quality seems to getting worse as almost all of them are made in China. At the same time prices are getting higher. Mac is still made here but you are looking at over 2K,

If I didn't already have one I'd look at DIY. You can get the hopper, firebox, temp control as a separate unit and build the rest out of scrap iron.

The Large 18" version is $400, so I see a lot of potential for someone with welding skills.

I am literally seething with jealousy... SEETHING, I tell ya! :mad:

Ain't nuffin wrong with Buick, especially if you have the right Buick to show up in! Some of the most powerful no joke serious muscle cars ever made were Buicks!
IIRC, for real power the B-O-P (Buick-Olds-Pontiac) V8 used to be preferred over even the Large Block Chevy--and a pair of Buick Wildcat engines provided the cranking power on SR-71 Blackbird start-carts.

IIRC, for real power the B-O-P (Buick-Olds-Pontiac) V8 used to be preferred over even the Large Block Chevy--and a pair of Buick Wildcat engines provided the cranking power on SR-71 Blackbird start-carts.
That is correct, a pair of 325 HP 401 Buick Nailheads were used on those carts up until the early 80's when they got new power/start carts with a pair of Detroit Diesel 6V92 Silver Eagles, making around 400 HP each! It wasn't so much the horse power as it was getting very hard to find parts for those old used up Buicks, G.M. Just didn't have any more! The Detroit's were a good replacement, you could crank them from cold, instantly spin them to full power and leave them there till rapture or they ran out of fuel! Certain areas had "Winter Carts" which had a pair of 300 HP Solar Turbines instead of piston engines, and those were highly regarded among the ground personal as being the best of the best, but you had to have lots of fuel around for them, they really sucked it up!

FYI those same carts were also designed to provide ground power across the fleet, and starting power for several fighters that used a cable drive remote start option like the F-15, F-16, and even the F-14 as well as several other aircraft types, especially the B-52s

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top