JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had a brand new Reese trailer brake controller in the shop that I bought over a year ago for my Ram that I never installed before I sold it.

Borrowing dad's 22' RV trailer for the summer so figured I better get a brake controller for my Yukon. Dug out the brake controller and went online and found an adapter plug for it to interface with my factory wiring harness for $10.

Super easy to wire up.

In the old days, every time I bought a new truck I'd have to wire it up for trailer lights and brakes. Those days are fortunately behind me. Different manufacturers sell quite an array of plugs and harnesses to make every trailer wiring job super easy. Even more, it's been a while since I bought a new truck that didn't come from the factory, trailer ready.

Trailer towing wiring for my 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis. Installed the hitch draw-bar a couple of months ago, next will be the wiring. The car is an old s**t-box, but new enough that all the lighting stuff goes through a fancy lighting control module. Trailer towing wiring has to be rigged up with a separate power supply and module to isolate it from possible disaster scenarios vis-a-vis the original vehicle electricals. You can't just graft add-on wiring into the vehicle wiring near the tail lamps like older cars. With the kit I'm using, yes, you do graft into the original wiring for control purposes but those wires don't supply current to the trailer lights. They only supply an electrical impulse to the new module, which in turn feeds current to the trailer side.

I don't tow trailers often. My occasional tow vehicle for decades has been my 1972 Ford Custom 500 station wagon. Technically, the model is Ranch Wagon. But obviously it's an older car, I'm getting leery of taking it very far these days. So I thought I'd set up my '06 Merc for towing. It's old but not nearly so as the Ford wagon.

I've been thinking about a rare (for me) camping trip to Klamath Falls, maybe I'll tow a small trailer down that way some day.

My occasional tow vehicle for decades has been my 1972 Ford Custom 500 station wagon. Technically, the model is Ranch Wagon.

My first car that I regularly drove was a `61 Ford Ranch Wagon that was yellow with the 352 V8, mag wheels, and dual exhaust. Loved it! They bought it for $400 from the original owner and drove it for a few years, then sold it to a hippie for $600 who wrecked it within a month or two. I was so mad!

I love those old wagons!

This is what mine looked like...

6388704225_735ab3b181_z.jpg

Didn't buy online...
found at a roadside stand today.

I've always loved Clary Sage honey, the Maple is interesting. It has a sort of a medicine flavor.

22C3BBAC-9446-42B5-9BAC-7F15E36E888F.jpeg

No secret, the stuff you used to go down to a local store and buy now you may buy for less money online. Yesterday, it was saw chains. I have two Stihl saws, a 16 inch and a 20 inch. I've got one chain for each ready to go in for sharpening, they are past the file stage. My box of spare saw stuff contains several new 20 inch chains, but I'm down to zero spares for the 16 inch. The local Stihl store gets $10 plus tax to sharpen a chain. I thought, "Hmmm, wonder what I can get one for online." I found that I can buy new chains online for less than the cost of sharpening my existing chains. Not Stihl brand, "aftermarket" (Mickey Mouse), but hey, I'm gonna give them a try.

Today, it was 3x21 inch sanding belts. I had two spares, one was old and as soon as I fired up the sander, the seam broke loose. Which caused me to get out my last spare belt. I got the job done but I like having spares. Bought a three pack of new belts, three diff. sizes, for a little over $4 incl. shipping.

Shipping. That's the gold standard for online sales now. It's become so common that many buyers won't even consider buying something if they have to pay shipping, they just move on to the next merchant who does offer it.

I won't order anything from Midway anymore unless it's during a period of free shipping that they are putting up with ever greater frequency. Come to think of it, it may be that their computers know which customers only buy during such times. And these customers are programmed to get the offer more frequently.

I picked up this book on the German art school so named:

bauhaus.jpg

Parenthetically, this year I have been enjoying very much the books published by Taschen. They have texts on art history, pop culture, contemporary erotic art, nostalgic works (including some from the 50s and 80s), technology history, et al. Most of their work is published in a trilingual format (English, German, and French), so they are accessible to a great many people. :)

I bought the anniversary gift for my better-half that we'll celebrate in August. Oh, I won't say what it is exactly because she might see, but it is jewelry. (Why mess with a winning formula?) This will be our 18th year of being wed, longer being together, and having known each other, well, it is now past the quarter century mark. Most felicitous this union has been. :D

Actually purchase in person but located online. If you have any Oldsmobile background, all the clues are there as to why this was an awesome score.
View attachment 591055 View attachment 591056

Best part is I paid Jennings/Lorcin/Davis money for it. Worst part was breaking a leaf spring on my trailer in Pendleton on my way home. Fortunately I was able to perform an impromptu hardtail conversion and get home before dark. Happy father's day to me!View attachment 591058 View attachment 591059

Toronado Rocket ultra high compression 425? A friend of my dad's had a brand new Dynamic 88 convertible with the high compression 4bbl 425 and that car could really move for being as heavy as it was. It was a toss up to me as to whether my freind's brothers 18964 GTO 389 convertible or the Dynamic 88 was the car that a 14 year old in 1965 thought was the coolest.

I picked up this book on the German art school so named:

View attachment 588424

Parenthetically, this year I have been enjoying very much the books published by Taschen. They have texts on art history, pop culture, contemporary erotic art, nostalgic works (including some from the 50s and 80s), technology history, et al. Most of their work is published in a trilingual format (English, German, and French), so they are accessible to a great many people. :)
You might've read it already... From Bauhaus to Our House by Tom Wolfe. I listen to audiobooks in earbuds, but this one has photos in it so you'll want a physical copy with pages. I also enjoyed his other "state of art" critique, The Painted Word.

Last Edited:
Toronado Rocket ultra high compression 425? A friend of my dad's had a brand new Dynamic 88 convertible with the high compression 4bbl 425 and that car could really move for being as heavy as it was. It was a toss up to me as to whether my freind's brothers 18964 GTO 389 convertible or the Dynamic 88 was the car that a 14 year old in 1965 thought was the coolest.
That's the one. '67 Toronado originally but going in a Cutlass -- 385hp, 475tq rated. It was the only one painted that silver-blue and had the double suck air cleaner. The other 425s were red. I'm probably only keeping the shortblock and hanging the rest on the wall though. The planned combo is supposed be in the 425hp range. Should be a fun cruiser.

You might've read it already... From Bauhaus to Our House by Tom Wolfe. I listen to audiobooks in earbuds, but this one has photos in it so you'll want a physical copy with pages. I also enjoyed his other "state of art" critique, The Painted Word.

Thank you for the recommendations. I have not read those, but the little of Wolfe that I have read was great.

Another Taschen book I just finished whilst sitting in the sun was this little, interesting work:

tasc50.jpg

Due to my profession, I found the advertisements for UNIVAC computers interesting. :)

I bought 5 Ontario sp1's, 5 rothco concealed carry messenger bags, 5 smaller zipper pouches for cleaning kits, items to build 5 more proper ifaks (with tourniquet and Trauma kit), a case of iostat tabs, some antibiotics, some ammo, some mags, and though I am not Mormon, I bought a good amount of their long term storage food.
And a Chromebook. And some video games.

Last Edited:
I bought 5 Ontario sp1's, 5 rothco concealed carry messenger bags, 5 smaller zipper pouches for cleaning kits, items to build 5 more proper ipaks (with tourniquet and Trauma kit), a case of iostat tabs, some antibiotics, some ammo, some mags, and though I am not Mormon, I bought a good amount of their long term storage food.
And a Chromebook. And some video games.

Uh oh!?...Or just keeping up/improving stock?

Uh oh!?...Or just keeping up/improving stock?
Adding to existing stock, and making stash/GH bags. I was gifted an sp1 and like it a lot, so updating my bags with those and using the Moras for camping knives and gifts for my nephews.
Iostat tabs because I didn't feel I had enough. Food because I gotta eat, and video games just because. Chromebook for spreadsheet ease and because using my phone for everything kinda sucks, plus I'm going landline only before long.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top