JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
canvas.png

The small inverter-generator market is huge, and is becoming more competitive.

I have a 4000w generator which works great, but it's pretty heavy for me to handle alone when I'm going camping. So I've been searching for one of these little 2000w inverter-generators. Wont run A/C on the camp trailer on its own, but you can double them up to do so. The Honda's and Yamaha's are pretty spendy to buy two, at $1000 each, but then Generac entered the market at $700 each. Still not cheap. Then Cabela's advertised these Champion inverter-generators for $449 each. Figured it was worth a try. Only bought one for now to see how I liked it. It starts easy, the sound level is comparable to the Honda, and it weighs less than 50 pounds. So far, I'm pleased. And although it's an on-line purchase, the local Cabela's has them in their store for pickup.

WAYNO.

View attachment 341656

I have a 4000w generator which works great, but it's pretty heavy for me to handle alone when I'm going camping. So I've been searching for one of these little 2000w inverter-generators. Wont run A/C on the camp trailer on its own, but you can double them up to do so. The Honda's and Yamaha's are pretty spendy to buy two, at $1000 each, but then Generac entered the market at $700 each. Still not cheap. Then Cabela's advertised these Champion inverter-generators for $449 each. Figured it was worth a try. Only bought one for now to see how I liked it. It starts easy, the sound level is comparable to the Honda, and it weighs less than 50 pounds. So far, I'm pleased. And although it's an on-line purchase, the local Cabela's has them in their store for pickup.

WAYNO.

I seriously need to invest in a portable generator. My father has a good one set up with an transfer switch to his panel, so he just has to fire up the generator (which sits in a covered/protected area outside), flip a switch and he's good to go. That's my long-term goal. But for now, a generator that could power our trailer during an SHTF type event, even if just for short term, would be a nice option.

I bought a bunch of books that a member of another gun forum had for sale, Included were The Chronicals of Tombstone, Boots & Saddles, Geronimo, The Bonus Army, Battle Cry of Freedom, Killing Patton and a bunch of others. Can't complain I have nothing to read now for a while.

Big fan of Audie Murphy, on the battlefield and the screen!

Actually, those '40's and '50's actors used to get together and shoot and have quick draw contests! The fastest actor with 6 guns back then......Sammy Davis Junior! I know big surprise! If you want a demonstration, he appears on one of the, "Rifleman" episodes! Can hardly see his hands move!

Favorite Audie Murphy movie, "The Guns of Fort Pettycoat!" :D

Tonto AKA
Jay Silverheels was a quick draw instructor to the stars!
Yup he was a real Indian! OH excuse me Indigenous native American. Oh excuse me there aint no such animal everyone here came from somewhere else there aren't any indigenous people here! We're all newcomers, just some newer than others. :rolleyes:

View attachment 341656

WAYNO.

Thanks WAYNO if my little 1K Honda craps out I may have to get one of these, so far so good though, I got this one at a flea market in AZ back around 1990 and it was used then, paid about $50 or a $100 for it, and I've gotten my money's worth out of it many times over just had to run it from 3am to 1PM last week and last month for 4 full days continuous to keep the furnace running. So in a month I've got my money back!
Gabby

This looks like a better solution for power outages, and according to their info videos it is better suited to longer run times than the inverter.
It's a lot cheaper at this sale price too.

<broken link removed>

Last series of my Italian client's WWI miniature biplane line... then it turns out the vendor went out of stock on one of the twelve because some other schmuck and I both ordered the last one at the same time so I'm having the other eleven held until they restock.

Thinking I may skip the current release on their Napoleonic naval line even though that's the one I consult on... they blew the release, made two sculpts grossly out-of-scale. I'm negotiating with some folks to develop after-market "Correction Kits," but 3d modeling skill ain't cheap and the only person I know who develops stereolithographed ships in 1/1000 scale is only interested in her own line of Great Lakes 1812 sailing warships, not taking on big ocean-going three-deckers.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top