JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Late to this party. I wish I could report today that I've found an immersion blender that will fit in a coffee cup, for those times I want to be cultured and whip up a latte. But I cannot find one.

And since you're wondering, my latte recipe is a bag of Swiss Miss in a cup of Keurig coffee.

Flash! Two days later!

I have found a milk frother that works marvelous in a coffee cup for making really domestic coffee drinks. I am happy.:D I could be the first drive-up Duck Blind Barista!

e34ad82e-e6b0-4fcd-aefc-9529420bfc3b_zpsiu85qaln.jpg

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
I will stick with my less than $20.00 coffee makers that I have been buying for the last 35 years, the first one didn't even have a clock just an on-off switch. I have spent less in the last 35 years for all of them than one of these fancy ones. Even brew tea for iced tea with them. But then again I am a simple person with simple tastes, I am sure a lot of NWFA's members are also. It seems like if I buy something beyond a basic model I either have trouble with it or am disappointed with it because it performs not much better than the basic model. YMMV

Last Edited:
Didn't buy this, got it for Christmas though. I've enjoyed my Keurig brewer because I usually only brew a cup of coffee at a time, and it's quick and easy. But, Keurigs don't last and mine finally died. Just wasn't sure if I wanted to sink another $100+ on a device that will work for a while then need to be replaced yet again. So, after looking around, I found a $20 device on Amazon that could replace the Keurig and put it on my Christmas list, which my father bought for me. We always have a hot pot around for tea, etc., so this is a nice, easy addition to the kitchen. I have to say, I'm impressed, does the same job, even allows me to brew larger cups than my Keurig would do. It's a little big, but would be easy to take on vacation, etc.

View attachment 331650

Amazon.com: Manual Coffee Brewer for K-Cups. Brew Coffee Anywhere, Where You Have Hot Water!: Kitchen & Dining

Take a look at an Aeropress. Makes a REALLY good cup of coffee/espresso concentrate you up to an Americano as suits your palette.

$30 most places.

The only consumable you need is the little paper filters for it, skip the metal filter IMO.

You do need your own grinder, or good coffee allready ground (an oxymoron in most cases though...).

Makes a better cup the finer the grind.

Bed bath & beyond carries them.

Take a look at an Aeropress. Makes a REALLY good cup of coffee/espresso concentrate you up to an Americano as suits your palette.

$30 most places.

The only consumable you need is the little paper filters for it, skip the metal filter IMO.

You do need your own grinder, or good coffee allready ground (an oxymoron in most cases though...).

Makes a better cup the finer the grind.

Bed bath & beyond carries them.

I've looked at them, haven't considered buying them yet. I have 2 French presses, which are one of my favorite ways to make coffee, they are just kind of a pain to clean. Maybe an Aeropress would be better in that sense.

I bought a broke kid 20 dollars of gas yesterday. She had 4 bucks to put in her tank and hoped it would be enough to get her to work. She was driving an F150 4x4. Hope it got her there.

I've looked at them, haven't considered buying them yet. I have 2 French presses, which are one of my favorite ways to make coffee, they are just kind of a pain to clean. Maybe an Aeropress would be better in that sense.

It's a bit different than a regular coffee press. Easier to clean, IMO as well.

Only makes enough for one large Americano at a time though.

Compared to an umpteen thousand dollar espresso machine, it's pretty close. No creama though. My only better maker than an aeropress is a MyPresso Twist CO2 charged portable espresso maker.

The aeropress does take some trial and error to get your system down, so don't buy one and then try to make your first morning cup with one...you likely won't be happy. Once you have the system down though it makes a REALLY good one.

As I mentioned, I use fine ground with it-like Turkish, but espresso is good as well.

I do the "upside down" method. I add my coffee grounds and near boiling water and stir it, let it steep for a minute, then screw the filter unit on top, then flip it over on top of a cup and slowly press until all of the air is out.

Leaves a puck in the unit which pops into the trash with the filter.

Add hot water as needed to the cup.

Enjoy!

And how could I have forgotten buying a sportcoat off the internet? It's not like something I buy once in every 10+ years should slip my mind.o_O Every time I buy one, I wear it once. Then the next time I need it, it's too small.

Well, kind've a sportcoat. Duluth Trading Company markets a sportcoat made of fire-hose canvas. And it's machine washable! So I'll know it's almost just a barn coat, but to look at me, you'll think I work in a bank.

Why? I'm a fan of barn coats, but they're very well insulated, and I don't always need a warm coat. But a long coat covers my larger handguns much easier. So this is an experiment.

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
I bought a broke kid 20 dollars of gas yesterday. She had 4 bucks to put in her tank and hoped it would be enough to get her to work. She was driving an F150 4x4. Hope it got her there.

Wow. The softie that I've become, allows me to appreciate now, more than ever, random acts of kindness. Thank you.

WAYNO.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads