JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow. The softie that I've become, allows me to appreciate now, more than ever, random acts of kindness. Thank you.

WAYNO.

The skeptic in me makes me think she put the $20 she saved on the gas towards Meth or booze.

Nice on ya @jrd541280 for donating directly. Well done!

...The optimist in me hopes she had an actual need & that she will someday pay your generosity forward.

Didn't buy them today, but they just came in. Audie Murphy westerns on DVD, several of his best. I think he was the fastest on the draw of the Hollywood actors, it certainly appears to be the case.

Big fan of Audie Murphy, on the battlefield and the screen!

Actually, those '40's and '50's actors used to get together and shoot and have quick draw contests! The fastest actor with 6 guns back then......Sammy Davis Junior! I know big surprise! If you want a demonstration, he appears on one of the, "Rifleman" episodes! Can hardly see his hands move!

Favorite Audie Murphy movie, "The Guns of Fort Pettycoat!" :D

Late to this party. I wish I could report today that I've found an immersion blender that will fit in a coffee cup, for those times I want to be cultured and whip up a latte. But I cannot find one.

And since you're wondering, my latte recipe is a bag of Swiss Miss in a cup of Keurig coffee.

WAYNO.

Good luck on that one, WAYNO!

I keep a pair of old Adams Peanutbutter jars with the lids! I use them to emulsify and then store vinaigrettes with my immersion blender! :)

ice cleats.jpg

It's a bit different than a regular coffee press. Easier to clean, IMO as well.

Only makes enough for one large Americano at a time though.

Compared to an umpteen thousand dollar espresso machine, it's pretty close. No creama though. My only better maker than an aeropress is a MyPresso Twist CO2 charged portable espresso maker.

The aeropress does take some trial and error to get your system down, so don't buy one and then try to make your first morning cup with one...you likely won't be happy. Once you have the system down though it makes a REALLY good one.

As I mentioned, I use fine ground with it-like Turkish, but espresso is good as well.

I do the "upside down" method. I add my coffee grounds and near boiling water and stir it, let it steep for a minute, then screw the filter unit on top, then flip it over on top of a cup and slowly press until all of the air is out.

Leaves a puck in the unit which pops into the trash with the filter.

Add hot water as needed to the cup.

Enjoy!

If you like an Espresso/Americano with the crema, these will make them. I own 2 (one large, one small), they are a bit more work to use, but it's the closest you can get without an espresso machine. I break these out every so often when I'm craving something a bit more turbo. At $23 or so, it's a great deal and they'll last forever.

61s2pDunk9L._SL1500_.jpg

Takes a little practice to get it right, but really does a nice job.

Amazon.com: Bialetti 6-Cup Stovetop Espresso Maker: Stovetop Espresso Pots: Kitchen & Dining

If you like an Espresso/Americano with the crema, these will make them. I own 2 (one large, one small), they are a bit more work to use, but it's the closest you can get without an espresso machine. I break these out every so often when I'm craving something a bit more turbo. At $23 or so, it's a great deal and they'll last forever.

View attachment 338765

Takes a little practice to get it right, but really does a nice job.

Amazon.com: Bialetti 6-Cup Stovetop Espresso Maker: Stovetop Espresso Pots: Kitchen & Dining

Yeah, they are pretty good!

Hauled one for a year on my big cycle trip, and a few of my month long tours. We have a few different sizes of them at home too.

The aeropress makes a better (sweeter/crisper?) cup IMO.

If you ever see a functional Mypressi Twist at <$100 snag it. Pure bliss once you get your grind & tamp correct.

Yeah, they are pretty good!

Hauled one for a year on my big cycle trip, and a few of my month long tours. We have a few different sizes of them at home too.

The aeropress makes a better (sweeter/crisper?) cup IMO.

Well, maybe I'll give it a try. I'm always searching for the 'perfect' cup of coffee at home.

On another note, I love cold-brewed Iced Coffee, got a nice maker for that for Christmas too - works really well and far less messy than making it in a jar. Cold brew is really amazing.

I ordered (from Frys) a (not the latest-greatest) LG 55" 4k LED smart tv with WiFi and Netflix, YouTube, (etc) built in to replace the "Colby" 42" "dumb tv" in my bedroom... which we moved to one of our guest rooms.

I'm not that "hung up" on having the latest-greatest wiz-bang stuff, but the 4k picture difference is AMAZING, and watching Fire Mountain Outdoors(members here), 76Highboy(reloading), Sargon of Akkad(political commentary), and Yankee Marshall(member here), on YouTube in big screen hi-def is AWESOME.

I'm waiting for a Samsung or LG 65"(or bigger) 4k OLED (produces an even more awesome picture) WiFi smart TV to come along at the right price for the front living room. If you're patient and wait, electronics (of EVERY type) plummet in price that make the "original" prices seem absolutely absurd. ;)

Last Edited:
Big fan of Audie Murphy, on the battlefield and the screen!

Actually, those '40's and '50's actors used to get together and shoot and have quick draw contests! The fastest actor with 6 guns back then......Sammy Davis Junior! I know big surprise! If you want a demonstration, he appears on one of the, "Rifleman" episodes! Can hardly see his hands move!

Favorite Audie Murphy movie, "The Guns of Fort Pettycoat!" :D

Apparently Jerry Lewis was also one of the fast draws fastest of the fast. Who would think.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top