Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What not to do....

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by BooKilla, Dec 13, 2008.

1. BooKilla

BooKilla Portland, OR Member

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Wow.

(about all I can say)

3. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

lol, Ive heard about that video. I guess no one in that room was qualified to handle a glock "40" :p

4. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Especially not a Glock Fo-tee

5. Dutchy556

Dutchy556 Bend, OR Member

That one never gets old...
    :laugh:

6. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Interesting how he shows the teacher that, "this is an unloaded weapon." First of all, she's obviously not remotely qualified to confirm this. Second, he's obviously not knowledgeable regarding weapon safety, or even his own weapon.

Actually, he said, "professional enough." Which is far worse.

7. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

I dont even know what to say. i guess accidents happen but that is no excuse for what happened. wow

8. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

yeah, that one is a classic!

9. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

One of my favorites too.
    I love how he tries to down play just shooting himself and carry on the lesson although everyone else is freaking out!!

10. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

someone told me that after he was let go, he tried suing the government for allowing that video to get out.... of course, that's only a rumor

11. Anoobie Knewberton 47

Anoobie Knewberton 47 Oregon Member

Well considering the message of this demonstration was that guns are unsafe, I think he did a wonderful job. I'm sure some of those children will think twice about touching any firearm.

Very professional!!!

12. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0411061foot1.html

It's not a rumor.

Funny how he said in an interview that people should focus on what he did right, and that he was a, "productive agent."

In my opinion, some 'accidents,' which it was not, are too large to ignore. This is one of those things that will and should completely remove you from such work. No question, especially after the things he said, how he acted, and even the whole point of the demonstration in that video.

Besides, it would have come to light through the freedom of information act anyways, I'm sure - because I'll bet that school and those parents were absolute zealots regarding this character after that event.

13. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

A lesson for us all to visually check both the chamber and extractor areas before reclosing the slide... I guess making sure the magazine is out is a good step as well.

:laugh::huh:

14. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

drop racklook racklook safety
    Drop mag, rack slide, look at chamber, rack slide, look at chamber, safety on.:thumbup:
    paranoia and saftey aren't far removed from one another, right?

15. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

I don't even dare comment....

16. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

ha ha!! I had to watch it again! it gets better every time

17. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

That video has been around for years.....it's always a painful one to watch.

Painful, as he sets himself up as a Professional, then the disaster happens.

Then he goes on to the AR, and says the same thing......"This one is unloaded." Any trust he had to start with, was long gone after the shot went off.

18. BKMDNO

BKMDNO Oregon New Member

The best part of the video is after he shoots himself. When he asks for the rifle and the class starts protesting and telling him to put it down.

YouTube = Where all the idiots can give gun ownership a bad name.

19. Buddhalux

Buddhalux Hillsboro, Oregon Active Member

Something similar happened when I was doing combat patrols in the DMZ between North and South Korea. On Guard Post Ouillette (SP?) one guy went to clear his 1911 and dropped his mag last. He turned and clicked but his buddy was next to him at the clearing barrel. Bamm! .45 ran along the inside of the buddies Flak vest and the bullet exited the air vents in back. He had a nice lil plowed rib cage for a few months after that. Another inch to either side though and his buddy probably would of bought it right there since the DMZ is a no fly zone. That means medical evac can only happen by ambulance and this was the closest US outpost to North Korea.

20. BooKilla

BooKilla Portland, OR Member

I agree with this other than the safety....there is no manual safety on a glock.

What I truly don't understand, is why he pulled the trigger. My only thought was that he was then going to disassemble the glock and in order to do that you have to pull the trigger. Unbelievable.