JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a universal way of unloading a firearm. Universal meaning will work for every semi-auto pistol. Of course it goes without saying, point the gun in a safe direction when doing this;

1) Remove the magazine
2) Rack the slide 3 times, do not ride the slide, let it snap forward.
3) Lock the slide back
4) Visually & physically inspect the chamber and magazine well

Any gun is now safe.

I remember watching this video a while back. Very very frustrating to watch! Even if he hadn't shot himself in the foot his choice in words is amazingly poor. I wonder how he was even allowed the opportunity to talk to the class??

Something similar happened when I was doing combat patrols in the DMZ between North and South Korea. On Guard Post Ouillette (SP?) one guy went to clear his 1911 and dropped his mag last. He turned and clicked but his buddy was next to him at the clearing barrel. Bamm! .45 ran along the inside of the buddies Flak vest and the bullet exited the air vents in back. He had a nice lil plowed rib cage for a few months after that. Another inch to either side though and his buddy probably would of bought it right there since the DMZ is a no fly zone. That means medical evac can only happen by ambulance and this was the closest US outpost to North Korea.

Wow. I'd like to hear more about the reaction from the other side..

Did you know that North Korea puts their tallest, most intimidating soldiers to sit at that last border crossing? Politics of the cold war..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top