JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What ar15 build

• Pistol

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • "Spr" rifle with 1-6ish optic

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
So, I have a relatively expensive (to me ~$1600 including mro) ar15 that I'm very impressed with accuracy wise. I won't buy anything other than ballistic advantage barrels. I have a second ar15 lower that I'm itching to build. Will be buying an aero precision m5 lower soon to build a 308.

My question is. Should I got for a pistol with the 2nd ar15 lower and build the 308 for the longer range stuff. Or do both rifles and have a sort of in between range ar15 (between the red dot equipped rifle) and the 308?

*to simplify. Ar15 with 1-6 scope or pistol build. Then the 308 with a 2-10 or so optic.

I'm probably going to buy a 3rd lower, but it won't get built anytime soon.
I'd go with a higher power optic if i knew I might start shooting longer distances. I'm thinking the 2.5-10 vortex viper. I still want decent acquisition at close range.

Definitely not set in stone on the optic. Just looking into options

I purchased a couple of AR jigs (-15, -10) from Ares armor years ago and decided to do another ar10. will I have any problems using an 80% lower from another manufacturer? Suggestions for a good alternative?

Seems that Ares Armor is no longer an option.

I purchased a couple of AR jigs (-15, -10) from Ares armor years ago and decided to do another ar10. will I have any problems using an 80% lower from another manufacturer? Suggestions for a good alternative?

Seems that Ares Armor is no longer an option.

I am not sure Are they both milspec forged or billet style?

I was actually prodding OP.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads