JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From 1974 to 1976 i studied Okinowan Goju-Ryu.

Two hours a day, five days a week! I was one step below Black Belt when i quit. Man, was i in shape! Today i can't even remember the names of the katas:(

Jeet Kune Do.. we train to take on every other art/technique/madmen and counter them> I now teach

Look at Paul Vunak's video previews here:

http://www.pfsvideo.com/preview.htm

JKD means in Chinese "The Way of the Intercepting Hand/Foot". We train in and against all realistic hand weapons, standard or improvised, and we intercept strikes while instantly counterattacking. As a result of this training I game out every real world/movie fight, it's irritating to my wife at times :)

I practice the Art of Ching Ching Boom!

LOL... I practice a similar system, CHING CHING POW!

Here I am with my CHING CHING POW Brothers practicing our signature move... the syncronized temple strike of death.

In a pinch I'll whip out the cow bell...

And when my opponent is down and helpless... well a pig does what a pig will... GET SOME!!

:D:D:D:D

Roxbury.gif

morecowbell5ri.gif

Piggy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
How much does the krav maga class cost at the place in Milwaukie. I think it would be great for my fiancée and I to take some self defense classes.

They have a number of different payment options depending on how many times a week you want to go, and how far in advance you want to pay. I would recommend checking out the website at www.kravmagaportland.com and then if you still have questions stop by and talk to one of the instructors.

I practiace Origame, the art of people-folding. :D

But seriously, I want to alert martial artists to a special condition when facing fat guys like me: we have great traction!

This might give a grin: I was in a knife class with an asian-trained instructor when he used me for a demo. He was talking to the class and absent-mindedly gave me a shove to put me in position. But I did not move. In sudden confusion he looked at me sharply. My timing was perfect---I whispered to him, "Chi." Blew his mind for a moment......................elsullo :s0114:

I practiace Origame, the art of people-folding. :D

But seriously, I want to alert martial artists to a special condition when facing fat guys like me: we have great traction!

This might give a grin: I was in a knife class with an asian-trained instructor when he used me for a demo. He was talking to the class and absent-mindedly gave me a shove to put me in position. But I did not move. In sudden confusion he looked at me sharply. My timing was perfect---I whispered to him, "Chi." Blew his mind for a moment......................elsullo :s0114:

Were you trying to say "chips"? :s0112:

2nd Degree Black Belt in Kajukenbo Tum-Pai (13 years). A number of years of Judo, Grappling, Wrestling, etc. Quite a few years of armed and unarmed defensive tactics with law enforcement and civilian groups. Master Class in U.S.P.S.A./I.P.S.C. Limited (made master with a single stack 1911).

Neck surgery (mine was due to martial arts) has me taking some time off.

View attachment 206710

Props.

As an early teenager, I studied Botokukan (Okinawan) Karate. I also casually study Ringen (medieval German wrestling), and when the weather provides, I practice the Liechtenauer longsword tradition (which pairs up with Ringen). I have also studied a little of the Silver backsword style, and read up a bit on Highland broadsword (similar to Silver, similar time period, similar weapons).

Hard to find the time to practice much these days, but at least I know the study group is still out there, even though out parent organization fragmented. Probably get some more sword time in this summer.

I also do a lot of reading on tactical shooting. Not had much opportunity to test the techniques, but at least academically, I know what some of the basics are. Read and often refer to Tiger McKee's "Book of Two Guns: The Martial Art of the 1911 pistol and the AR Carbine" (or at least that is close to the full title. I recommend that highly if you were to get only one text on firearms tactics.

I am highly interested in Krav Maga, for many of the same reasons I like the medieval wrestling and longsword: No frills combat art. It exists for one purpose only: Neutralize threats. Have some e-texts, and a couple videos... but that will never compare to hands on teaching. Thought about looking for a studio that does it in my area when I get some more money.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top