JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From 1974 to 1976 i studied Okinowan Goju-Ryu.

Two hours a day, five days a week! I was one step below Black Belt when i quit. Man, was i in shape! Today i can't even remember the names of the katas:(

Jeet Kune Do.. we train to take on every other art/technique/madmen and counter them> I now teach

Look at Paul Vunak's video previews here:

http://www.pfsvideo.com/preview.htm

JKD means in Chinese "The Way of the Intercepting Hand/Foot". We train in and against all realistic hand weapons, standard or improvised, and we intercept strikes while instantly counterattacking. As a result of this training I game out every real world/movie fight, it's irritating to my wife at times :)

I practice the Art of Ching Ching Boom!

LOL... I practice a similar system, CHING CHING POW!

Here I am with my CHING CHING POW Brothers practicing our signature move... the syncronized temple strike of death.

In a pinch I'll whip out the cow bell...

And when my opponent is down and helpless... well a pig does what a pig will... GET SOME!!

:D:D:D:D

Roxbury.gif

morecowbell5ri.gif

Piggy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
How much does the krav maga class cost at the place in Milwaukie. I think it would be great for my fiancée and I to take some self defense classes.

They have a number of different payment options depending on how many times a week you want to go, and how far in advance you want to pay. I would recommend checking out the website at www.kravmagaportland.com and then if you still have questions stop by and talk to one of the instructors.

I practiace Origame, the art of people-folding. :D

But seriously, I want to alert martial artists to a special condition when facing fat guys like me: we have great traction!

This might give a grin: I was in a knife class with an asian-trained instructor when he used me for a demo. He was talking to the class and absent-mindedly gave me a shove to put me in position. But I did not move. In sudden confusion he looked at me sharply. My timing was perfect---I whispered to him, "Chi." Blew his mind for a moment......................elsullo :s0114:

I practiace Origame, the art of people-folding. :D

But seriously, I want to alert martial artists to a special condition when facing fat guys like me: we have great traction!

This might give a grin: I was in a knife class with an asian-trained instructor when he used me for a demo. He was talking to the class and absent-mindedly gave me a shove to put me in position. But I did not move. In sudden confusion he looked at me sharply. My timing was perfect---I whispered to him, "Chi." Blew his mind for a moment......................elsullo :s0114:

Were you trying to say "chips"? :s0112:

2nd Degree Black Belt in Kajukenbo Tum-Pai (13 years). A number of years of Judo, Grappling, Wrestling, etc. Quite a few years of armed and unarmed defensive tactics with law enforcement and civilian groups. Master Class in U.S.P.S.A./I.P.S.C. Limited (made master with a single stack 1911).

Neck surgery (mine was due to martial arts) has me taking some time off.

View attachment 206710

Props.

As an early teenager, I studied Botokukan (Okinawan) Karate. I also casually study Ringen (medieval German wrestling), and when the weather provides, I practice the Liechtenauer longsword tradition (which pairs up with Ringen). I have also studied a little of the Silver backsword style, and read up a bit on Highland broadsword (similar to Silver, similar time period, similar weapons).

Hard to find the time to practice much these days, but at least I know the study group is still out there, even though out parent organization fragmented. Probably get some more sword time in this summer.

I also do a lot of reading on tactical shooting. Not had much opportunity to test the techniques, but at least academically, I know what some of the basics are. Read and often refer to Tiger McKee's "Book of Two Guns: The Martial Art of the 1911 pistol and the AR Carbine" (or at least that is close to the full title. I recommend that highly if you were to get only one text on firearms tactics.

I am highly interested in Krav Maga, for many of the same reasons I like the medieval wrestling and longsword: No frills combat art. It exists for one purpose only: Neutralize threats. Have some e-texts, and a couple videos... but that will never compare to hands on teaching. Thought about looking for a studio that does it in my area when I get some more money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top