JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got the legal part blitz, but there ain't no court in the land my friend that's going to prosecute you for pulling the trigger if someone was swinging one of those at you first. I'm not bragging but I'm very well versed in many aspects of the martial arts and "marital arts after 35 years of marriage" and the first rule of thumb when emanate threat to life and limb in both situations as I recall is RUN if you can, if not, well you know.

Of course.. any weapon or more than one attacker and if possible I'm going to draw

I am a marital arts guru as well.. it's an elite club we belong to :winkkiss:

I used to be a brown belt in judo and would love to get back into it again but there are no dojo's that I know of on the east side of Portland. At this point in time I would start all over again, it has been too long. I still remember how to fall really well.

James Ruby

swift kick to gonads

That depends on who you are kicking.. I agree it can be a very useful tool, but it can fail, especially if you run into a guy who is very well trained in Praying Mantis traps. Then you will be on your back with your own gonads stomped

actually bringing a martial art to a gunfight is worse than bringing a knife.

I assume you mean worse as in less effective.. that depends on the man and the range, At point blank range most men can easily be disarmed of a long gun or handgun

So I can post this.. (have to include text)

Okanowan Shorin Ryu Kempo Karate for 3 years. I like Kempo styles because it doesn't focus as much on high fancy kicks like in Tae Kwon Do (1yr). Kempo focuses more on close combat and a lot of upper body attacks, in and out.

Kempo as well as Hapkido are two of the best single arts.. they attempt to do what JKD can do for elite fighters, and they are well proven and effective

Bruce Lee said:

I would no more kick you in the face than punch you in the toe

He was making a basic logical point. His movie scenes were fun and drama, not tactics

Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, all for 6 years and a little Boxing, 2 years of Sansyru, and 3 years of Tae Kwon Do. I prefer Muay Thai, and if i go to the ground BJJ with some Sansyru Jits influence on some of my submissions. I really dont like fighting and have found that as long as i keep a good attitude and dont walk around with a chip on my shoulder most people arent going to bother you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top