JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I assume these are made in upstate NY? Found them at a second hand gun store down in southern Oregon. Thought the handle looked interesting. Thinking about the tip. Using as a practice sharping and reshaping knife. I did a buck knife (long time ago) on a stone and reshaped the tip to look more like a shark. I like thinking of how I can reduce the sweep of the blade. Anyhow random thoughts as I learn.

Army1.jpg Army2.jpg

Nice yeah like that shape been sharpening the top side of the tip. One issue the end of the blade starts to curve up. Then I think I have to take metal off 2/3 way down to get a more aggressive profile. Pardon my lack of vocabulary. Like a stabber precise steak knife not a rocking motion to cut vegetables.

Old carbon steel kitchen knives make for excellent knives to practice sharpening and re-shaping.

If that was my mess knife...I'd leave it be...they are not made any more.
Not that it is worth a lot...or will be...just that it ain't made any more...and if it is modified..then there is one less.
Andy

I don't have a garage so no space for a belt sander. I just have one good knife that I want to shape different. Shaping metal seems fun. Anybody want to give me a lesson trade some ammo?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top