JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Getting an M-7 bayonet for the Mossberg a1.....descriptions are confusing.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Is there an industry wide accepted definition of "Packaged for Re-Issue"?
I have searched google and followed many links.
No answers or non answers.

New item repacked from a bulk pack?
Issued, turned in and now repacked for re-issue?

I'm getting conflicting messaging and answers after asking questions.
Unit descriptions of "brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged" in the same listings saying "Packaged for Re-Issue". "New" blades are sometimes described as possibly having surface rust.

It's going to get beat up in use. The is strictly a utility item.
But would like to get some clarification going in.
Anyone been down this rabbit hole?

These bayonets were made starting in the early 60's. Production continued into the 80's and early 90's (?). Not sure when production ended. Blade marked as well known builder. BOC (Bauer Ordnance Company). They made many 100's of thousand M-7 blades.

The M7 should be fine.
The newer M9 bayonets are too big/heavy.

Last Edited:
"Packaged for Re-Issue" typically indicates that the military surplus item, such as blades or equipment, was initially issued to military personnel, then later collected, inspected, and repackaged for potential reuse. It suggests that the item is in a condition suitable for reissuing to military personnel or for sale to the public as surplus. -- ChatGPT

That makes sense....and is not unexpected.
Thanks...

The listing I was looking at says both "Packaged for Re Issue" and "brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged". Seller won't say which is accurate....

Seems like "Packaged for Re-issue" is a purposely vague term that could mean anything to anybody. If you inquired and the seller did not reply, I would keep that in mind prior to purchasing.

I have the 20"
Will someday add wood corncob furniture....but other that....perfect.

It partners with the 940 tac here.

They both make me smile.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR