JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I started with tae kwan do at 10,did that for 2 years then several years later my buddy talked me into a good old fashion boxing school,did that for two years.all that was up to age 18.But...both have given me the upper hand in several no talkin your way out situations if you know what I mean.I'm glad I took the training.:s0018:

Little bit of karate, and just started taking judo again last week. Haven't done it in awhile but like that a lot of the training for judo is sparing. I feel you get a lot more out of it when your up against someone who is going after you at full force.

I practiace Origame, the art of people-folding. :D

But seriously, I want to alert martial artists to a special condition when facing fat guys like me: we have great traction!

This might give a grin: I was in a knife class with an asian-trained instructor when he used me for a demo. He was talking to the class and absent-mindedly gave me a shove to put me in position. But I did not move. In sudden confusion he looked at me sharply. My timing was perfect---I whispered to him, "Chi." Blew his mind for a moment......................elsullo :s0114:

Dumog moves big guys fast, it's one of the arts we train in. Huge shock the first time you experience it

<broken link removed>

This page shows a video of Battle of the Nations - Team USA practicing for a Historical European Martial Arts tournament.

Even in the early firearms age you got one shot (or maybe a few if you carried pistols) and then (at close range) it devolved to blades and maces

Perfect example is Agincourt, 1415. Longbows won the day (better war tools than early firearms) but men at arms had to hold the French off while that happened

Today in the real world we have to answer to the legal system, and a firearm should be a last option

Even in the early firearms age you got one shot (or maybe a few if you carried pistols) and then (at close range) it devolved to blades and maces

Perfect example is Agincourt, 1415. Longbows won the day (better war tools than early firearms) but men at arms had to hold the French off while that happened

Today in the real world we have to answer to the legal system, and a firearm should be a last option

I got the legal part blitz, but there ain't no court in the land my friend that's going to prosecute you for pulling the trigger if someone was swinging one of those at you first. I'm not bragging but I'm very well versed in many aspects of the martial arts and "marital arts after 35 years of marriage" and the first rule of thumb when emanate threat to life and limb in both situations as I recall is RUN if you can, if not, well you know.

4th degree tae kwon do (WTF), several years on and off with different styles of karate, along with aikido and hapkido. Daugher 3rd BB WTF. My self, about 17 years of martial arts sports trainiing. 10 years on and off tutored by karate tournament competators.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top