JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Though I really don't care for pasta, spaghetti with meat sauce was really good in a 5 degree sleep deprived state last winter. I also like teriyaki with rice and beef stew.

Beef Chili Mac!
Have you seen the large boxes at Costco? They contain several pouches of M House FDs. Sorry, I forget how many, I remember it was a good deal. I bought two of them.

I'm planning on getting some of these, but the sodium content is turning me off...Anything else out there that has a 15+ year shelf life with lower levels of sodium?
Anything with a high amount of sugar will do the same. It too acts as a preservative of sorts so long as its dry.
With as much H20 as there is on the planet let alone in Oregon and Washington dilution shouldnt be an issue..

Unless its health related.. And in a SHTF scenario if we're really going through hard times sodium is the least of your problems. Lol ;)

Beef stew, Sweet & sour pork with rice, Beef stroganoff with noodles, Chicken and rice, Granola with blueberries & milk, Eggs with bacon, Italian pepper steak, Chicken fried rice, Eggs with ham & peppers.... To name a few off the top of my head.

My kids and I have not had a mountain house meal that we did not like. The kids have not liked a few desserts, but I did, so more for me. :)

I like the Breakfast Skillet. As mentioned, tons of salt, but when snow camping and back country skiing or about to do the Seattle to Portland Bike ride in a day or something else equally stupid....600 calories in a single packet goes a long way.

I haven't eaten one in maybe 30+ years, but back when we used to go snow camping my fav was Beef Stroganoff :) But I suspect MH has many more flavors to choose from these days.

Thanks for all the info.... I've picked up a bunch of them. So far have eaten the chicken and mash taters and I thought that was great! Along with the sweet and sour pork, I thought it was ok but my better half really liked it.
Need to go on a big hike so I have a reason to use one Lol....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top