JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Stainless S&W 686+ at bbq's I Mexican carry in my hip hugger jeans, with my button down shirt all the way open. Hold my beer and I'll show you how it shoots.

No carbon rings on the cylinder, cuz I always keep it clean.

Cuz

In plastic-gunland there are no BBQ guns. "OOOh! Nice plastic stippled grip!" Isn't something you'll hear around the webber grill. Now a fine 1911 or Hi-Power, a shiny revolver or the like, in a fine leather holster made of some exotic animal's hide or carved in classic detail..... that's worth showing off.

In plastic-gunland there are no BBQ guns. "OOOh! Nice plastic stippled grip!" Isn't something you'll hear around the webber grill. Now a fine 1911 or Hi-Power, a shiny revolver or the like, in a fine leather holster made of some exotic animal's hide or carved in classic detail..... that's worth showing off.

That is the truth, my friend. You need fine shiny steel, wood, and leather to impress at a bbq.

Raven .25 acp. Just kidding......I dont have a bbq gun. Im sort of a backwards kinda guy. If I were attending the sort of bbq where folks were flashing their douche guns Id probably show up with something like an H&R Defender, Colt 1851 Navy, or yes, the Raven and a straight face. Show em what real class gunmen pack.

It is my belief that Skeeter Skelton coined the term and there's a nifty write-up on same by same.. all the boys were there bouncing beer cans for money, BBQ and having a good time.. I think down in Texas. He either had a .38 super or .44 special that day.. I forget but he won the bets/money that day.

Last BBQ I took a gun to was at a friend's place in Banks with plenty of acreage, a nice house, a chicken coop, a huge barn/shop, and a shooting hut with targets in the woods at 7yd, 50' and 100 yards. Nice setup, pretty much exactly what I want when I retire again in 3.8 years (but who's counting?).

Very common occurrence at these shindigs. At some point, we count heads (account for the whereabouts of kids) and wander up to the range to shoot whatever toy is new. This last summer, that included a 12ga with nice rubbery Pachmayr compact furniture, a .270, a Circuit Judge, XDm .40, Colt Woodsman and a couple 1911's. Whatever is recent in someone's quiver, or sporting a new scope.

My last offering was a Ruger 22/45 with a red dot, VQ guts, standard velocity ammo and a silencer. New and different for everyone there. Even in the hut, the loudest sound was tinkling brass. Big hit with the gang.

Mmmmmmmm. BBQ.....

Revolver.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews