JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have seen prices asked ranging from $90 per round (on Gunbroker IIRC) to people saying the paid $150 per round (or heard the cousin bought some for that much).

Asking price is one thing, what someone heard 2nd hand yet another.

What is this unobtanium ammo actually selling for - the actual paid price in today's market?

Does anybody really know?

Are people buying just a round or two, or are there well heeled individuals out there willing to buy as much as they can get?

Asking for a friend who is trying to determine how much to sell his/her ammo for. :D

TIA

So, for someone who has never served, what was the rounds intended use?

I've got no freaking clue to their cost or use, unless Demolition Ranch counts, then taking down pianos or stupid things like that.

There was a guy selling some here earlier this month, I think he was asking $100 a round.

So, for someone who has never served, what was the rounds intended use?

Light armor (APC/etc.) and anti-materiel (rockets, planes, etc.). They require a hard surface to set off the HDX - i.e., they are not set off by shooting flesh - requires something like metal plate. They are said to be the equivalent, in certain uses, to the 20mm. I have heard of them used in Afghanistan against hard adobe type walls - but I am not sure that would be enough. I have never shot one, just read about them.

They are legal to own because the HDX in them is below a certain amount (one quarter ounce?) - but I don't think it is a good idea to advertise that one owns some.

There was a guy selling some here earlier this month, I think he was asking $100 a round.

Yes, I saw that - but I don't know if it actually sold or for how much. I did a search and nothing came up.

Thanks @The Heretic , always was curious. Having worked on M2HBs briefly at a certain Vernonia firearm manufacturer, I was always amazed at the different types of munitions weapons like that and others had available to it. Unfortunately all I got to shoot was ball. Though the owner of said manufacturer had literal boat loads of rotting components sitting in a barn on his property. If only one could spend a day going through it salvaging what was there rusting away.

to add what The Heretic said, MK211 is considered "Match" (use that term loosely for a 3 MOA system) ammo for the M107s and is primarily what we would shoot against any type of target of organic and non organic materials. When i was teaching those systems over in Kuwait MK211 was used by a variety of units differently.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top